#12 Mark Baguley

I think Bags is the best person we have for the position and nobody yet has shown otherwise.

Bags is important because he may not have elite skills but he has consistent skills, which is more than what we can say for captain turnover and some of our other A grade players.

1 Like

Needs to put on some weight - still dreadfully skinny

1 Like

Does Begley offer the same defensive pressure and hardness?

What about McKenna? Has better understanding of the game now. Great kick. Tough. Fast. Bring in Gleeson across half back.

2 Likes

He played well yesterday and well the week before, he was excellent when moved forward last year. He’s forward pressure is very good and he kicks goals. No one in the VFL has shown they can play the role better and until they do he stays. Poor old Bagley every time he has a mediocre game everyone wants to retire him.

4 Likes

Ham, for me. I know he’s being groomed at hb but I reckon that’s a mistake. Ham is the nuggety quick pressuring goal sneak to replace Bags.

1 Like

Scorch thinking outside the square. I like it.
Its not widely known that Conor has very good goal sense, if anything his kicking has improved since he played the game.

A spot has to be found for Gleeson.

But I don’t expect the match committee to be radical thinkers like you.

Nuggety?

This is so wrong. He’s been good and deserves credit for it.

7 Likes

I like the idea of Mckenna forward and gleeson back, would add an entire other dimension to our team, can chuck McKenna behind the ball if we need some run.
McKenna would be a great pressure forward as well hmm

1 Like

This.

“Seeing what you are seeing”?

Bags has been has been copping sh11t for as long as I can remember.

Of every 100 comments about Bags maybe 3 are positive.

1 Like

Yeah but I meant this game in particular.

He actually played like a chip scab. Which I didn’t think Baguley had in him.

Disagree.

Had a very good game.

1 goal 3 assists and 7 score involvements is a great day at the office.

You say he only had 3 tackles but that was the same as Walla and two more than Fantasia.

We played yesterday off the fast break a lot so it wasn’t congested in our forward half so you aren’t going to see a lot of tackles.

Our forwards were very efficient once inside 50 with finding teammates and Brisbane put us under very little pressure.

When the ball is coming in slow and our forwardline is congested that’s when Bags will stand out more. He’s a great contested mark and will always put his body on the line.

Yesterday he more than did his job adequately.

7 Likes

Agree i reckon he would be alright as a small defensive forward because i think the ball came out too easily yesterday, nuggety though i’d say his the opposite of that he would weigh about 65kg looking at him.

Is he? Good grief. Hopefully that’s a temporary situation.

2 Likes

It’s a tough one tbh, we do need some back up for McKenna and Saad but I also think Ham is better suited to the forwardline, he just knows where the goals are and has a history of kicking bags in the TAC. They could be playing him in defense to round out his game and reinforce the defensive aspects of the game.

Jok is the one I’d be playing off HB, super runner, plays tall and small and would be able to cover most forwards with his leap, speed, and height.

2 Likes

I think once Begley is fit and firing he might take his spot. He’s a tackling machine who can apply a lot of pressure, good hands and a great kick. Also a powerhouse and an odd match up. It’ll be his spot soon I think

Ham nuggets…yum!

Did his job

They can’t all be stars. Puopulo always in the shadow of Rioli & Breust but still played a vital role.

Pressures. Hits the scoreboard. Assists other to do so. And gets to good areas in the fwd line to be involved.

Our first two goals of game he was involved in, tackle to dispossess player who Zaka collected ball and hit up TIPPA & the long kick to Stringer who marked in the pack.

Then later in first half kicked one himself and also the clever tap over his head to Brown

6 Likes

Bags bleeds red and black and gives his best most of the time. There is no one in the seconds who has stepped up for his spot full time yet and until there is, its his and he does it very well. He’s not as classy as some players however he puts his body on the line for the team and for his team mates every time.

8 Likes