#12 Mark Baguley

I love him, but I dont think he should be in this week. Would rather the extra mid and have Smith in the forward line with his relentless pressure. Surely bags would he due a rest?

Don’t like the idea of having Parish dropped.

Last 3 goals?

1 Like

Did his job

Won’t have silenced blitz.

2 Likes

Clearly a better small forward than Parish.

4 Likes

Universe brain would’ve been to bring Ham back, when Fanta went out.

We looked a yard slow across the park.

2 Likes

Goals he kicked wasn’t enough for the lack of what he offers.

Needs to be a depth player and can’t be Best 22.

He was pretty poor in the first half, but during the game i said if he keeps working hard to get ot the right positions (which he was doing) and can then fix his actions up at that point he could go ok. He did that and got some reward.

He was close to WOG first half but he improved imo. He won’t get dropped so people need to get over it.

1 Like

Poor first half.

Good second half.

Lots of knock-ons that don’t count as a possession, but keep ball alive when going forward.

1 Like

I know right?

Goals are so overrated, especially for defensive forwards.

14 Likes

Was beyond terrible for 70% of the game. His first half was appalling, offered zero pressure and couldn’t stick a tackle. Also killed momentum several times by not spotting free men and instead taking forever to move it on. Was serviceable second half but nowhere near enough to play him next week

It’s hard to be too harsh on baguley because was he shutting down a collingwood half back? if so did he do his role effectively?

We always have guys like this who end up gettng ■■■■■■

Angus Monfries
Jake Melksham
etc

0% chance he gets dropped next week.

4 Likes

Of course there isn’t. I wouldn’t expect it either from a side that has done nothing for the best part of 20 years. We are just too conservative

Drink.

7 Likes

He wasn’t even our worst forward pocket at the half.

Looked like he had Langdon a lot of the game. Handy player and (along with Howe) one of their main intercept defenders. Seemed to have the better of him. Looked like he was taking him deep and wide, out to the point posts on set plays - presumably to take Langdon away from String/Brown/Daniher.

3 Likes

We kicked 10 goals and only had 4 goal kickers. I’d reckon keeping the bloke who kicked 3 is warranted.

There are signs in big flashing lights that the end is near, but not this week.

4 Likes

One of the oddest uses of that meme I’ve ever seen.

19 pressure acts, are you serious? Also kicked 3 goals in a game where they weren’t exactly easy to come by. He was far from best on ground but he definitely keeps his spot.

7 Likes

I don’t understand the knocks on him. Does his job, doesn’t need to be a superstar.

13 Likes