#12 Mark Baguley

One of my favourites. Hope he’s not done.

4 Likes

I was the only one singing this tune after JLT1.

I love the guy, one of my favourite players, but he looks slow and his skills are way down and this has been the case even in that first half of last year when he played. Can’t see him getting a game ahead of Dea, Ambrose, Gleeson etc.

In all honesty he can’t play round 1. Dea or McKenna please, I’d back dea. Bags has been fkg shocking all pre season

He seems to have lost his strength over the ball. Was moved of his line very easily several times.

While we’re talking about back pockets, McGrath isn’t ready yet.

:frowning:

Sad sad day. Doneski.

I’m scared to think what Puopolo and Rioli would do to him.

2 Likes

So far he is very under whelming compared to his peers.
Mind you, that’s from the massive sample size of 1 pre season comp.

2 Likes

Agree on both counts.

Round 1:

Ambrose Hartley Dea
Gleeson Hurley Kelly

imo

Shot. Think he know’s it too, which is making it worse.

There were signs last year, and it hasn’t got better in the off season. Very untidy.

Interesting to see if he gets a game first up.

Some very negative posts. However I can’t disagree that on the performance today he has a way to go

Was bit ordinary, but he got a rough run with the umpires too. I think you have to play him rnd 1. You cant play Dea on a quick small fwd.

You think you could play Bags on anyone quick at the moment?

1 Like

I’d play McGrath or Mckenna before Baguley - Dea is not a direct replacement because his area of weakness is matching up on small forwards.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to try McKenna. McGrath looks a fair way off to me.

3 Likes

May as well play both. McG and McK I guess. Cant say I am very confident, but may as well play the young ones if its a borderline call.

We’ll need to play well as a unit of 6 and a team of 18 whoever plays small back because whoever it is will be a weak link.

I thought that was meant to be the pies game. He looks a mile off it at the moment. Lacking his usual strength in the contest

1 Like

The way Bags plays being a little bit off makes all the difference. Usually he just gets the spoil, just gets the ball away, just makes enough contact, etc.
Give him another game i reckon.

If we are picking on form, he does not play round 1. It’ll be interesting to see how the selection goes. Personally, I would not play him as his form does not warrant selection.

Heart and soul player like Bags needs to be at full fitness in order to be most effective.

He’s 5% off fitness, touch and general sharpness.

Needs a couple more lung busting training sessions and some more match sim to get back to his tenacious best.