#12 Mark Baguley

His third quarter was ■■■■■■■ terrible, got smacked by Elliot pretty much the whole term. Redeemed himself in the 4th by taking a lot of crucial intercept marks and spoils. I don’t know what to feel about him…

There is nobody in our team who i would back to sit under a high ball going back with the flight than bags.

The guy is legit tough

That being said he is really really struggling this year. His close checking defending seems to have dissapeared completely

2 Likes

He only looked good when they put a quicker guy on Elliott and freed Baguley up.
It’s better than having 4 bad quarters but it’s still a long way from where he was even this time last year.

Put it this way, I’m glad McNiece and Gleeson are keeping pressure on him.

There is no doubt baguley is probably the hardest motherfker at the club but he’s cooked defensively imo

I nearly choked when worsfold said in he’s presser he has been really solid this year. Really?

1 Like

I remember watching some training videos online then went to an intra club where tippa absolutely creamed him, turning him around like he wasn’t even there, kicking easy goals on him etc. I had concerns then and thought ‘wow baguley must be taking it really easy, this doesn’t seem right’. Then the JLT series he was getting flogged, but then round 1 I came away relieved thinking ‘ok he was just taking it easy’. Seems the former was actually the real deal unfortunately. That being said it was always gonna be ugly on Elliot, he got pantsed playing on him in the JLT so not sure why they thought they should go with the same match up again.

1 Like

To be fair, the Four Mosquitoes are torching everyone :relaxed:

1 Like

Great game from Bags.

26 possessions and LeCras pretty much non existent.

He’s worked his way back into form like a lot of our team has now.

8 Likes

I agree… Baggs has really come back over the last couple of weeks. To see him and Hurls working together is so pleasing. I’m pleased he’s cemented his spot again

2 Likes

26! Totally overlooked that.

1 Like

Killed it today. I wrote him off earlier in the year. Boy was I wrong.

Had a great game today

He really stood up when the pressure was on us. Sacre Bleu!

He wss ■■■■■■ at himself for that shocking kick in the D50. Played v well afterwards - loved how he spotted Hartley and delivered pinpointedly when it looked like he was in trouble and last line of defence…

Seems reports of his demise may be a bit premature

1 Like

I was worried about him at the start of the year, thought he would struggle. Happy to be proven wrong. He has been very solid so far. Keep it up bags.

He’s great.

1 Like

He seems to be adapting to the limitations that age and his body are putting on him.

Probably isn’t going to be able to chase down lightning fast small forwards any more, but he is getting involved in rebound 50’s (actually has some tidy disposal) and is impacting aerial contests.

He was looking shot early days of this year, but he’s adapted very well.

1 Like

Thought he was one of our best on the weekend. Reminded me of the Baguley of old who burst out of nowhere as rookie when he was playing some outstanding hard footy alongside Hibberd, Hooker and Fletch. Loved how really rebounded well after he took the intercept possession.

Definitely going far better. He’s 30 years of age though so he’s in the Goddard/Hocking/Jobe/Stanton bracket. Would be blooding McNiece some more personally, I like him.

1 Like

The thing holding McNiece back is game awareness. Hopefully he will develop this and not get caught out so often. They are working on it. I’m like you, I think he could be the replacement in time.

2 Likes