#12 Mark Baguley

Wasn’t Sicily his opponent, who was best on ground?

1 Like

I didn’t think sicily had an opponent. Surely he was just a loose man in defence…

I thought laverde was on him. In the first half at least.

I honestly have no idea after that but whoever it was didn’t go near him

Just imagine Bags has a footballing renaissance in his 30’s like Roger Merrett did after many thought he was cooked and like a fine wine, got better with age after a change of scenery. In Bags case from the back pocket to forward pocket.

He’s one of my favourites but I won’t hold my breath. If we could somehow keep him on the VFL list next year, he could be invaluable as a leader like Hocking.

I checked two or three times and he looked to be on Burgoyne. If I’m right in that, he didn’t do a bad job as Burgoyne was less damaging than usual.

on this alone, i would play him against Carlton. That sort of effort shouldn’t go unrewarded

3 Likes

Looks like Baguley said something during the game about Lambs dad who got killed.

would’ve thought there was enough things to sledge about to a carlton turd that that.
disgraceful if true

That’s poor form if so

Who do you think is on this selection table?

Sauce?

Herald Sun. I’m not a subscriber so I can’t give any more info.

1 Like

ok thanks

1 Like

Mint?

tomato

Players Mothers, Sisters, Girlfriends , Fathers have always been targets in sledge wars.
Are we about to create another type of “ism”

inappropriatism ?

Does that go with Lamb?

Something like “You’re old man would be rolling in his grave knowing you’re out here acting a right cnt”?

or like “I’m glad he’s dead”?

1 Like

The family sledge that sent Blue Jed Lamb over the edge, led to three-quarter time melee
Mark Robinson, Herald Sun
12 minutes ago
Subscriber only
EXCLUSIVE: A SLEDGE made by Essendon’s Mark Baguley to Carlton’s Jed Lamb about Lamb’s father, who was murdered in an axe attack, incited the three-quarter time melee at the MCG on Saturday.

Lamb, one of eight siblings, was six when his father was murdered by a family friend.

Lamb has told Carlton officials Baguley mentioned his father in a sledge towards him and that he told Baguley several times not to mention his father.

THE TACKLE: ROBBO LASHES BOMBERS

BAROMETER: BOMBERS SUFFER HUGE BLOW

The Herald Sun believes Baguley has told Bombers officials he wasn’t aware Lamb’s father was murdered and tried to apologise to Lamb at three-quarter-time.

At the break, Baguley and Lamb were involved in an altercation which drew in Carlton coach Brendon Bolton, who was seen to also verbally confront Baguley.

The Blues midfielder was charged by the MRO for striking Baguley and can accept a $1500 sanction.

Carlton chief executive Cain Liddle told the Herald Sun today: ‘’I’m aware of an issue from Saturday’s game.’’

Jed Lamb approaches Mark Baguley at three-quarter time of Saturday’s match.
Essendon has been contacted for comment.

Lamb was drafted by the Sydney Swans in 2010, switched to the GWS Giants in 2013 for two seasons and was traded to the Blues at the end of 2015 season.

When first drafted, Lamb told the Herald Sun of the impact of his father’s death.

“You see this sort of thing on the news and hear it on the radio but you don’t think it can happen to you,” Lamb said.

Carlton players approach Mark Baguley.
“Even looking back now it’s hard to get my head around it. If it was going to happen I guess it’s good that it happened when I was so young. I reckon if it had been when I was 13 to 16 it would have been a lot different and had a bigger impact on my life.

“It had a big impact obviously with mum raising eight kids. That’s why we’re all so close. There’s no doubt that I wouldn’t be playing AFL footy today if it wasn’t for mum.

“It had a bigger impact on my elder brothers and sisters. When it happened they had to go into the police station and answer questions. I was too young for that.

Even if he didn’t know, why would you sledge a player about his family? BTW I don’t believe he didn’t know.

1 Like

He doesn’t know the Essendon game plan so why should he know Lamb’s family history?

19 Likes