#12 Mark Baguley

Well it seems strange that the one guy he chose to sledge about a father specifically was the one guy who’s father was killed. Just a little convenient.

This guy was happy to instigate confrontation on Saturday, and as soon as it was turned on him, he sooks to his mummy. Yep poor taste on the dad sledge, but Bags said he didn’t know.
If you put head out there like he did on Saturday, don’t squeal afterwards.

10 Likes

So, if Baguley was struck by Lamb, and was not suspended, was the successful defence that Baguley had mentioned Lambs father? Proportionality is the basis here, nothing that is said justifies punching someone.

Hope it wasn’t a targeted sledge - its just a game, surely you keep family out of it and keep any lip you give focused on what the bloke can and can’t do on the field.

Without knowing exactly what was said, that’s a stupid assumption.

3 Likes

There’s a line you don’t cross.
Stupid by him and embarrassing for the club.
As if the EFC needed anymore bad press
Di_khead

4 Likes

We dont want them to be chiorboys, harden up, we need someone with a bit or moungrel…

Oh no you can’t do that…FFS

6 Likes

His father was murdered by a friend with an axe, sledging about his father is simply not on.

3 Likes

Nah, fark that - nothing tough about being an a&sehole and dredging up what a six year old had to go through - it’s usually weak pr&cks that resort to that kind of sledging. The club doesn’t need that kind of press right now anyway.

1 Like

I guess it depends on what was said.

If it was just a general comment like “Geez would your Dad be proud of that last effort”, then thats ok.

If it was more specific comment that referred to his deceased Dad specially and/or the manner in which he died, then that’s not OK.

To be on the safe side though, it best to stay clear of any sledge that mentions family.

2 Likes

There are how many players playing AFL, so now the players need to keep track of each one of their family situations? No wonder they can’t follow a game plan.

The bloke says he didn’t know and tried to apologise, how about we take him on face value?

14 Likes

Here’s a suggestion: don’t sledge using family.

4 Likes

Jed lamb is a peice of sh*t. He’s actually a ordinary bloke. so I couldn’t give 2 fks if he’s upset

9 Likes

We should check with the Australian Cricket team to see if the sledge was crossing the line.

7 Likes

Should stand down for the rest of the year, I heard Myers said it too.

9 Likes

who cares

1 Like

Aaah it’s all just unravelling.

Comeback story - coming back to reality

Hearsay upon hearsay - must be true.

Fitzpatrick heard it from somewhere as well - more proof…!

2 Likes

He talked about his dad? It’s not like he died last week. It was almost 20 years ago.

My dad died six years ago. Go for it if you wanna sledge about it. Sticks and stones…

2 Likes

If anyone said anything about my dead dad I ■■■■■■■ lose it and nothing could hold me back.

If that was said to me and that was how my dear old dad passed you would have to peel me off Begley and crow bar my fist out of his face.