#12 Stewart Camry

ESSENDON forward Stewart Crameri has told the Bombers he wants to be traded to the Western Bulldogs on a four-year deal.

But the Dons are determined to hang onto Crameri and have told him they are not prepared to trade him under any circumstances.
It will set up weeks of intense haggling between the clubs, which could see Crameri forced into the pre-season draft to get to the Dogs.
The Dogs have an early pick and ample salary cap room, but might have to give up a late first-round or early second-round pick to get their man.
Crameri had met with Essendon on Monday to discuss his prospects, but told the Dons he would accept a Dogs offer believed to be $1,8 million over four seasons tonight.
He is in hospital after having ankle surgery, but is determined to move to a new club.
The 25-year-old is Essendon‘s leading forward when injury-free despite the inclusion of Joe Daniher this year and the lofty reputation of Michael Hurley.

infractions ralph having a small ping at hurls and first year player joe ?

Great deal and definately worth exploring.  Facts are when players have the opportunity to get a good deal and secure their future, clubs and supporters play the loyality card.  Well its like this, when club are ready to dump players it happens, so make hay while the sun shines and that's the way it is.

McCartney obviously sees something in Crameri our coaches failed to see or were willing to compromise to keep.  Will probably go to the Doggies and be an absolute star in a forward structure which works.

Good luck Stewie.  Sorry to see you go.

Disappointed but we might actually benefit from him leaving

Eg draft picks

ESSENDON forward Stewart Crameri has told the Bombers he wants to be traded to the Western Bulldogs on a four-year deal.

But the Dons are determined to hang onto Crameri and have told him they are not prepared to trade him under any circumstances.
It will set up weeks of intense haggling between the clubs, which could see Crameri forced into the pre-season draft to get to the Dogs.
The Dogs have an early pick and ample salary cap room, but might have to give up a late first-round or early second-round pick to get their man.
Crameri had met with Essendon on Monday to discuss his prospects, but told the Dons he would accept a Dogs offer believed to be $1,8 million over four seasons tonight.
He is in hospital after having ankle surgery, but is determined to move to a new club.
The 25-year-old is Essendon‘s leading forward when injury-free despite the inclusion of Joe Daniher this year and the lofty reputation of Michael Hurley.

infractions ralph having a small ping at hurls and first year player joe ?

I found that interesting - that he is determined to move to another club.... That makes it sound like it's not just about money or length of contract.

Crameri usually manages 30 goals per season. Based on the Bulldogs offer that works out at $15,000 per goal.
For a player with ordinary defensive efforts and who always looks injured, the concept of “value for money” seems to have disappeared.

Crameri usually manages 30 goals per season. Based on the Bulldogs offer that works out at $15,000 per goal.
For a player with ordinary defensive efforts and who always looks injured, the concept of "value for money" seems to have disappeared.

Seriously, don't go there. We do not stack up very well at all if you look at things that way.

Unless we get get the Doggies first draft pick plus extras, then tell them to get stuffed, and let Crameri go to GWS, Melbourne or St Kilda in the draft. 

Love the guy and want him to stay, but he needs to take a long look in the mirror and decide if he is worth a bagful of money yet. Yep, it is all about money.

Ciao SC, thanks for the memories.

0/10. Jerk.

who?

Sights Stewy can get used to:

440858-etihad-stadium.gif

Sights Stewy can get used to:
440858-etihad-stadium.gif

Yes, plus he gets those wonderful home games at Canberra and Darwin to look forward to.

For a player with ordinary defensive efforts and who always looks injured, the concept of "value for money" seems to have disappeared.

What is Hurley's dollar to goal return? No issues with him going for more money. If players like Hurley are on high coin for inferior output Crameri is well within his rights to ask for more money. We have lost our two leading goal kickers the lat two seasons. Really need to draft for one. Hopefully we get a decent pick for Crameri.

before he nuked his ankle against WC he was averaging 2.5 goals a game. would be a significant loss

Dogs have picks 4 & 21 in R 1& 2.

We won't get pick 4. More like pick 21 & player?

Bulldogs contract offer to Crameri means he is = Pick 4.

Our offer to Crameri rates him as worth Pick 21.

Bulldogs cannot have it both ways - they have made him an offer worthy of Pick 4 to snare him.

They now have to hand over Pick 4.

Bulldogs contract offer to Crameri means he is = Pick 4.

Our offer to Crameri rates him as worth Pick 21.

Bulldogs cannot have it both ways - they have made him an offer worthy of Pick 4 to snare him.

They now have to hand over Pick 4.

ive been looking through all the rumour stories but i can find anything that the doggies have offered us

if stew is going  who do the folks here want for him ?

could we see one of those complicated deals done with like 4 clubs where we ended up wit say pick 10 or 11 , would everyone here be happy with that ?

Big fan of Crameri, ove his aggression and strength, will be very sorry to see him go, but can't blame him with the offer on the table, I would take it if I was him.

I guess the jury is out as to how good he is, or will be.

I don't want to see him go, he was an awesome pick up for us and he's a very dangerous player, seemed to be a lot more reliable in front of goal this year too which was perviously an issue.

I think the problem is we have run out of cash and just can't afford to pay him what the dogs think he is worth. We've thrown a lot of money at Jobe, Ryder, Hurley, Goddard (all long term deals) plus we have to keep some cash on hand to lure players as well as keep guys like Heppel/Zaka/Melksham/Hibberd who will command top dollar in the coming years.

It surprises me somewhat that it's about the money, but I guess there's also the issue of him playing second fiddle to everyone else who rotates through the forward line, which is maybe why we don't rate him. The Dogs had Brad Johnson as their top dog for years and so maybe as a medium forward he thinks he'll have more opportunities at the Dogs.

I guess you have to look at what tier of player he is (or will be), and I guess I'd rate him along side Hocking/Howlett, probably 2nd-3rd tier out of 4.

1st tier: Experience & Class (first picked)

2nd tier: High picks, or showing enormous skill or potential. (get picked regardless of form)

3rd tier: Working class, can plug a hole, get the job done more often than not, (Could get dropped occassionally to make way for 4th tier)

4th tier: New players, or older players just hanging on (hoping for opportunities)

There is no chance we would get a top 10 pick.