13/1/16 The DayAfter at Tullamarine

The Hangar sat baking in the sun on the flat Tullamarine plains. I sought the only bit of shade available at the doorway of the Sheedy Cafe contemplating an egg and bacon wrap which is the best item on the menu. I tip a little pepper onto the plate and alternate the hot taste of the pepper that I have dipped with a swig of diet coke. I was pondering why it’s an egg and bacon wrap but when it’s fried it’s always bacon and eggs when my reverie was interrupted by a shadow falling across the table.

There stood my good friend, the ace reporter Tiffany. Yet if she was reporting anything today her skimpy outfit left no place where she could conceal a notepad or even a pencil. It is that time of the year when the sun comes out and the girls trot out their “little pink dresses” and in this case it was the skimpiest I had ever seen although in fairness it was accompanied by by a frilly pink sun parasol and a huge pair of pink framed sunglasses which Tiffany removed as she sat opposite.

“You’ve been crying Tiff” I said contemplating her smeared mascara.

“Shut up Jackie - anyway I’ve stopped now. Those boys trusted their leaders as good people do and they were let down and deceived.”

“There’s no doubt about that” I replied “and so were the supporters. Now we’re left with the “Dirty Dozen” and a mess to cope with.”

“Well as I recall Jackie Lee Marvin’s Dirty Dozen were heroes who fought valiantly against the forces of evil and like the Rats of Tobruk turned the derisive sobriquet into a badge of pride.”

“That’s true Tiff - the way I see it is that now it’s like Davy Crockett and the Alamo - huge forces are against us and we have lost a third of our army before the battle starts but we have to try and hold the fort for another eleven months before help arrives.”

“Well Jackie they fought valiantly at the Alamo until they were overwhelmed and I suspect that’s what will happen to us but in the end although they lost the battle they won the war and Texas became a great state and America a world power.”

“That’s a good way to look at things Tiffany but how can we help?”

“For starters Jackie you can write a training report and then another and another and other blitzes can do the same reporting on all that’s positive, all that shows signs of hope for the future. We can’t dwell on past injustices we must focus on the future and support the players and each other.”

Well Tiff’s idea was a good one but the players have been given the day off so there’s no training today but as I was writing this Karma Bomber and Muriel Street Bomber walked in and hugging Tiffany more than I thought was necessary they sat down and joined in the conversation.

Muriel said “If we can’t report training let’s discuss what’s likely to happen.”

Here’s the topic we came up with “We’ve lost height but not a lot of speed.”

Do you agree? What are the ramifications?"

We’ve lost the only bloke who even looked like providing run and line-breaking going forward last year

Parrish, Mckenna, Fantasia, Dempsey, Eades, Morgan, Zaharakis… Plenty of pace there. well, more than last year.

Talls and big bodied Midfielders are essential. We got smashed all year last year in the contest with out Watson, Myers & Hocking. Heppell was the only one offering anything. Now we don’t have him either… or Howlett.

I’m not one for bringing in too many older guys but that is some serious experience missing from the midfield. The fact that Zaharakis & Z Merrett are our ‘go to’ midfielders is a massive concern.

Nick O’Brien, Ryan Crowley, Scott McMahon, Leigh Adams, (hopefully) James Kelly: should be a start.

thanks jackie. the light heartedness is appreciated!

Parrish, Mckenna, Fantasia, Dempsey, Eades, Morgan, Zaharakis... Plenty of pace there. well, more than last year.

Talls and big bodied Midfielders are essential. We got smashed all year last year in the contest with out Watson, Myers & Hocking. Heppell was the only one offering anything. Now we don’t have him either… or Howlett.

I’m not one for bringing in too many older guys but that is some serious experience missing from the midfield. The fact that Zaharakis & Z Merrett are our ‘go to’ midfielders is a massive concern.

Nick O’Brien, Ryan Crowley, Scott McMahon, Leigh Adams, (hopefully) James Kelly: should be a start.

Great post - will highlight the importance of Bird too even more this year

Well done, Jackie, and I 100% agree with Tiff’s suggestion. Focussing on anger and resentment will achieve nothing. We have what we have. Let’s make the ■■■■■■ most of it.

Parrish, Mckenna, Fantasia, Dempsey, Eades, Morgan, Zaharakis... Plenty of pace there. well, more than last year.

Leigh Adams is ■■■■■■ isn’t he? Multiple concussions?

Scott McMahon… urrrghhhh.

Leigh Adams is one hit to the head with a polystyrene cup away from being a vegetable the rest of his life

Leigh Adams is one hit to the head with a polystyrene cup away from being a vegetable the rest of his life

Yeah I thought so. Ran into Chris Judd one too many times.
Poor bugger.

Yeah I thought so. Ran into Chris Judd one too many times.
Poor bugger.

Signed on as coach of South Croydon
Hope they don’t lose a few in a row or he’ll cop a stubby to the back of the head from one of the members!

Pictures I want to see this pink dress.

Watch out
You might be Chris Gayle-d for this comment

Watch out
You might’ve Chris Gayle-d for this comment

Yep, have reported the post.

So my day yesterday,

Got woken up early by text messages with the notice of doom for what had happened, lept out of bed to read the fall out, eventually shoved off to work hoping for a quiet day so I could pour over all the information and stew in my fury.

But alas I have only actually been home for 7 hours since 7am dealing with the most hideous DV case I have ever come across, the works Berger, this poor girl, I will not share details because I can’t but holy hell it was bad, and to top it of she had to have her kid removed, and now has to battle a ton of red take to get him back.

Needless to say I ended up not worrying about the decision to much over the last 36 hours.

At least I have a safe happy family with a significantly higher chance of seeing Tippa round 1.

Laverde,Langford,Fanta,Edwards,Parish,Francis,Mckenna,Morgan,Zerrett,Jerrett,JD,Eades,Redman,Brown,Hartley.

We may well barely win a game, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be another crucial year in developing the players that will take us to our next period of success.

They’ll be my excitement and focus for this year-results mean nothing.
That will get me through!!

So my day yesterday,

Got woken up early by text messages with the notice of doom for what had happened, lept out of bed to read the fall out, eventually shoved off to work hoping for a quiet day so I could pour over all the information and stew in my fury.

But alas I have only actually been home for 7 hours since 7am dealing with the most hideous DV case I have ever come across, the works Berger, this poor girl, I will not share details because I can’t but holy hell it was bad, and to top it of she had to have her kid removed, and now has to battle a ton of red take to get him back.

Needless to say I ended up not worrying about the decision to much over the last 36 hours.

At least I have a safe happy family with a significantly higher chance of seeing Tippa round 1.

That’s tough, ben.
I hope you’re getting some rest.

So my day yesterday,

Gives perspective.

Take care.

Watch out
You might’ve Chris Gayle-d for this comment

Yep, have reported the post.

Not sure if serious?

So my day yesterday,

Sorry you’ve had a bad day these cases can be very distressing. We’ve just got bail for our client in a dv case breaching intervention orders. The complainant was making stuff up. Different sides of the same coin.

Looking forward to seeing Tippa too.