#13 Nik Cox

Actually ran 800 & 15’s wasn’t good enough and then tried the 3km steeplechase, where his pb was 9.03. A good track athlete but I don’t thing he would have been competitive in a National final

1 Like

So many offseason comments about a player who has done f all. Let’s wait another 5 years because he’s tall

Yours truly,
Frustrated Omnnitard

Aus 1500m Record is 3:29 Stewie MSeweyn
Blicavs ran 3:43.81

His PB would put him 31st best (if he ran it in 2022)
But if he stuck with his sport maybe he would have got his time down a bit. he left athletics at 20.

|3:30.12||Oliver Hoare|
|3:30.18||Stewart McSweyn|
|3:34.32||Charlie Hunter|
|3:35.86||Peter Bol|
|3:36.38||Matthew Ramsden|
|3:36.54||Jack Anstey|
|3:37.40||Adam Spencer|
|3:37.61||James Hansen|
|3:37.78||Callum Davies|
|3:37.96||Adam Fogg (GBR)|
|3:37.97||Jye Edwards|
|3:38.01||Rory Hunter|
|3:39.09||Morgan McDonald|
|3:39.67||Jesse Hunt|
|3:40.13||Mick Stanovsek|
|3:40.22||Sam Blake|
|3:40.70||Matthew Hussey|
|3:41.11||Jude Thomas|
|3:41.44||William Lewis|
|3:42.03||Matthew Clarke|
|3:42.33||Jason Clayton|
|3:42.33||Duncan Miller|
|3:42.39||Sam Field|
|3:42.68||Jackson Sharp|
|3:43.15||Alex Stitt|
|3:43.46||Cameron Griffith|
|3:43.52||Jack Bruce|
|3:43.65||Craig Huffer|
|3:43.65||Sam McEntee|
|3:43.75||Isaac Heyne|

Maybe Blicavs should have played basketball given both his parents represented Aus, more $$ in the NBA.

Blicavs progression

Oli Hoare progression

3 Likes

This post is so dumb on so many levels. It’s making my head hurt

3 Likes

So how does all this interesting info on Blicavs’ athletic career relate to Cox?

2 Likes

They are both tall… and athletic.

1 Like

what the odds on that?

Totally agree CHB

Ideal setup would be if Cox and Reid could hold down CHB and FB, while Ridley is the intercept third tall.

Lots of water to go under the bridge until then.

5 Likes

Honestly, it’s too early to even get excited about the intra-club game.
I’m looking forward to seeing what he looks like after another pre-season, and what his form is like, but other than that this thread is all pretty much…

1 Like

Why is Cox being talked about as a defender? Was he that as young player? My impression was he was an exceptional utility, an actual tall rover.

He played on the wing, as a key forward and as a key defender. He played FB matched up on Ugle-Hagan at one point and played well.

2 Likes

Sounds athletic! Thanks for the info, I like the idea that he could remain a jack of a few trades rather than get zipped into a possie

No hurry for this bloke he has shown more than enough. Let him develop in the 2nds. Lets not break him. No kp for him yet either.

Build him up slowly on the wings and flanks in the 2nds. And ffs keep him out of the ruck.

Once his ready he will play anywhere and everywhere.

1 Like

Future CHF. Two years in the Magoos first, but.

1 Like

Sounds great, look forward to this player being ready at what, 25? We’ve likely got ourselves a tweener and high chance we’ll pay for that.

lol.
Dude is 20.

1 Like

I’m confident he will come good.

I remember saying ‘here come the 2nd year blues’ when he rocked up to the first day of preseason this year with dyed peroxide hair.

He clearly got way ahead of himself and thought he was better than he was.

He basically had his second year ruined by injury. Not really an indication he got ahead of himself.

7 Likes