#13 Nik Cox

Blicavs was a very skinny distance runner when he was the same age as Cox.

Yes, but Blicavs body shape is different. Itā€™s not just about weight but the body profile that determines strength and ability to put on mass.

2 Likes

We were actually the perfect positioned club to take a risk on Cox. We had 3 first round picks, so could go for the upside risk reward with one. He was rated as potentially the best player in the draft and thereā€™s absolutely no reason to question that. Heā€™s a young tall, heā€™s allowed to take time.

14 Likes

Plus Blicavs was training/preparing for an entire different sport.

Disagree. I think it was too much risk for the type of player and profile of our list.

1 Like

We donā€™t have elite talent players. We are good at getting very good players, but we donā€™t have any real stars. Cox is a potential star.

Iā€™m fine with taking that risk. In fact I far prefer it. But I can understand why you wouldnā€™t feel that way.

7 Likes

How on earth can you reach that conclusion, unless you have conversations with Brad Scott

1 Like

Heā€™s finished ankles made of glass

1 Like

We love that at essendon

Coxy,

1 Like

omlā€¦
Essendonā€™s plan for Nikā€¦

1 Like

Gumby 2.0, or was that Jonesā€¦ hard to keep up now days

1 Like

Yep 100% agreeā€¦.but like Jones and Reid our young talls keep getting these injuries that set them back a long way - we are the syndesmosis and stress fracture capital of the AFL. ā€œCome to Esendon and will get you a stress fracture or a bung ankle in no time - maybe severalā€ā€¦ā€¦I know Iā€™m taking the p1ss but our young talls always seem to be in rehab and never develop physically (and miss large chunks of development) ā€¦. Frustrating beyond belief

4 Likes

you gotta remember with the 2020 and 2021 drafts, the kids missed significant time to develop. have to give them a couple of extra years to really see what theyā€™re capable of. with cox, his best is awesome, so so so worth the wait and minimising risk from here

Standing on it so thats a positive.

8 Likes

I took it as him standing without putting weight on it. So sore, but not iced.

2 Likes

Hopefully he has got his Essendon fc library card with him so he can borrow the syndesmosis rehab guide.

That book will be wearing thin, the amount of use it would have had.

1 Like

Cox has a sore ankle.

4 Likes