#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

wish i knew what it was about

1 Like

Maybe he was a little worse for wear after the ESports teams MadMonday festivities

Well if that’s the case perhaps you should have thought to not publicise something personal that was being kept private.
Then again, internet points are so very important.

4 Likes

I agree entirely

1 Like

Can anyone thinking something more sinister is going on please go and listen to the latest podcast ffs. He sounded like ■■■■.

1 Like

Can someone please link the podcast you’re referring to?

■■■■ it is Winderlich mk2

Winderlich on his day was the most impressive display of footy skills you’d see, only Rama in his prime I’d say was better

1 Like

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/don-air

Episode 4

Thanks

It’s still The Virus.

3 Likes

Mick McGuane reckons this bloke has real razzle dazzle, but he is hiding behind the paywall.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mick-mcguane-says-essendons-season-hinges-on-the-next-month-and-orazio-fantasias-return/news-story/aae7566e7608db530262a35910a88907

1 Like

AFL news: Mick McGuane column. Sydney v Essendon Round 8, 2019. Orazio Fantasia, Lance Franklin

MICK McGUANE, Herald Sun

5-7 minutes

He might don the unlucky No. 13 on his back, but Orazio Fantasia is Essendon’s lucky charm.

The Bombers’ season hinges on the next four weeks before the bye and Fantasia’s return against Sydney tonight is central to their fortunes.

The 23-year-old has averaged just 1.56 goals a game over the past two seasons but his impact goes well beyond what he directly contributes to the scoreboard.

I’ll give you the numbers and then I’ll explain why there is no more important player for Essendon.

Since the start of last season, Fantasia has played 18 games, from which the Bombers have a 12-6 record, or 67 per cent.

Essendon has played 11 games without him for a 3-8 record, or 27 per cent.

It doesn’t end there.

When Essendon has won this season, Fantasia has averaged 17.7 disposals and 2.7 goals.

When the Bombers have lost, Fantasia has averaged 11 disposals and kicked no goals.

Put simply, Fantasia is Essendon’s barometer.

Don’t worry about Dylan Shiel, Zach Merrett, Dyson Heppell or Joe Daniher.

All are stars, yes, but Fantasia provides the biggest headaches for opposition coaches.

He’s got speed, he’s a line-breaker, he wins the all-important ground ball and he’s a goalkicker.

But, perhaps most importantly, he gives coach John Worsfold a tactical advantage.

If he starts in the forward line, Fantasia takes the best running defender from the opposition.

But then Worsfold has a choice — and opposition coaches have a dilemma.

When Fantasia pushes up the ground, do you instruct your defender to follow him?

If you do, you leave more space for Daniher, Jake Stringer and Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti to work their magic.

On the other hand, if you let him go up the ground alone, you do so at your peril.

Fantasia is the link man — and that’s why he rates elite for score involvements.

He poses different challenges to opposition coaches with his ability to be used to dictate field position — and I’ve got no doubt most match committees would identify him as one of the most dangerous hybrid forwards in the game.

The synergy between Fantasia and fellow forward McDonald-Tipungwuti is also hard to ignore.

Over the past two years, McDonald-Tipungwuti has averaged 1.7 goals from 18 games playing alongside Fantasia.

From 11 games without Fantasia, that average plummets by more than half to just 0.8 goals a game.

That’s because when Fantasia plays, McDonald-Tipungwuti often gets the second-best, mid-size defender or an intercept player, providing more space to work his craft.

All this is in addition to the immeasurable — the enthusiasm and spark Fantasia brings.

He’s not an over-the-top celebrator, but he brings an electricity and that becomes infectious for the group feed off.

It’s good medicine and that’s what all good forwards want to do.

At his best, I rate Fantasia one of the most exciting young talents in the competition.

And still just 65 games into a blossoming career, there is plenty more excitement to come.

21 Likes

orazioooommitted late again probably.

source or just saying that coz of last 2 weeks

Very true!

Also why I was so ■■■■■■ off that he didn’t play Anzac Day. He plays that and we win.

Need to wrap him in cotton wool it seems.

Just because of last 2 weeks. He better ■■■■■■■ play tonight!

Late change - Essendon. Orazio fantasia (ill) has been replaced by mark baguley in the starting 22 #aflswansbombers

You WILL like it

5 Likes

Don’t do this to me! I’d put him in quarantine 24 hours before a game so no illnesses befall him before first bounce…

1 Like

I die a little bit inside every time it gets joked about

2 Likes

Bags in for Raz, while not great at least brings in a hard body which is needed for the manic pressure style of game Sydney like to play.

Raz missing 3 straight games is a big concern. We needs his touch of silk and class.