#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

How about Adam Ramanauskas? You’d hear his name pronounced 2 different ways, sometimes by the same commentator in game! At least BT will be consistent. As long as he’s out on the field kicking goals for us who really cares how they say his name? He’s elite!

1 Like

I think if someone says “my name is pronounced this way, it would be nice if you pronounced it like that” and you say “nah”, then you’re a bit of a d/ck

1 Like

I agree with that but I also believe industry is pretty average in not confirming it far earlier.

1 Like

Not a very good one. Appalling commentator too.

3 Likes

He’s not alone.

They are all average.

Out of curiosity, how is Prestigiacomo, Laverde, Montagna and Ricciardo supposed to be pronounced?

1 Like

I’m glad someone asked. I was thinking the same thing.

Hearing Americans pronounce “Notre Dame” makes one cringe.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, very helpful!

Hit the Presti one again, I had the English link, … now Italia.

7 Likes

Don’t mind him as a commonpotator, where his love for the game is very evident, and his enthusiasm obvious. Roaming Brian is cringe worthy however, and has me reaching for the remote to change channels as soon as he comes on. Stick to calling the games.

Australian commentary is cringeworthy in general.

I watch a lot of soccer and they are far more professional. They just call the game without using all the theatrics.

Basketball they use theatrics a lot more but it suits the game and it comes off as entertaining.

2 Likes

MAGISTERIAL

1 Like

Imagine BT commentating the 2nd leg of Barca v Liverpool at Anfield. “THEY’RE GOING NAR-NARS IN THE KOP!!! DI-VOCK OOOOOOO-RIIIIIIIIIII-GIIIIIIIIIII with the right foot curler!! WHAT WAS GOING ON THERE IN THE BRAIN DEPARTMENT IN THE BARCA DEFENCE?”

7 Likes

There are good commentators, and there are poor commentators.

Then there’s 50 feet of crap.

And then there’s BT.

3 Likes

Brain Taylor should be fired into the sun. Utter mouth breating troglodyte.

1 Like

The Essendon cannon is full. Will need another one for “others”.

3 Likes

Also a regular cannon wouldn’t fit him. Need a 3XL cannon I would have thought