#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Alas, poor Orazio! I knew him, Yorick: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne this team on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is!

RIP in peace Fanta-see-ya!!

We’re dooooomed!!!

3 Likes

Was strapped the second half and he was incapable of playing almost. A player that clearly requires a ramp up to playing rather than two weeks off in bed a training session then rips a soft tissue coming back.

Irreplaceable. Most important single player to our success.

1 Like

I reckon it may have been from that goal that he kicked on the half time siren.

Was a great pick up off the deck but did look awkward

Give Begley an extended run in the 1sts.

2 Likes

I like begley but i don;t think his quick enough, struggle to see where he will fit in.

Sam Edmund is saying that it’s a 2 week quad. Not so bad but yeah we need him verse Richmond

well, fiddlesticks.

Fantasia ruled out

Orazio Fantasia will miss the next two to three weeks with a quad injury. (Photo: AFL Media)

Essendon Football Club can confirm Orazio Fantasia suffered a minor strain to his quad during the Bombers’ round eight game against Sydney.

General manager of football Dan Richardson said the 23-year-old would be sidelined for approximately two to three weeks.

“Orazio pulled up sore following the game on Friday evening with scans later confirming he had sustained a minor strain to his quad,” Richardson said.

“While it is disappointing, Orazio will dedicate himself to his rehabilitation program over the next fortnight to ensure a return to football as soon as possible.”

Fantasia finished the Friday night clash with four goals.

1 Like

Not for a forward.

He’s a mid in training.

guarantee that it will turn out to be worse than first thought. See you after the bye.

5 Likes

See you in 6 weeks Raz

2 to 3 weeks…could be worse but our forward line is absolutely farked. Ryan is gonna have a field day intercepting everything in sight on Saturday.

1 Like

No doubting he is one of our most important players but if we want to be a good team we still need to beat other sides when we have a few injuries

4 Likes

Miss 3 games and play June 14 v Hawks.

1 Like

We are COOKED!

We can only really hope to get 5 or so games out of him each season. Shame really, such a great forward.

That’s it.

I’m out. I’m done.

I can’t do this without Orazio.

15 Likes

Exactly. Look at Richmond, They lose Rance and Riewoldt (and pretty sure they are missing a few mids too, I don’t follow them closely enough to be 100% though), and they still churn out the wins.

It’s all about the system and replacing roles rather than players.

Trade him while he still has currency.

This is going to be an ongoing saga got his whole career.

Cash in.

3 Likes