#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Don’t worry he’ll leave with a few more

He’s going to have 1-2 weeks listed on the injury list until about round 20. It’s feeling like that kind of injury/season.

1 Like

It feels like we’ll get to the Hawthorn game needing to win to square our ledger up, and the selectors will determine that they will give Orazio 1 more week off, just to be sure.
We then proceed to lose that game by less than 10 points.

Raz plays the next 3 games, 1 of which he kicks 4 goals, then does a soft tissue injury Rd.15ish, after which our season is cooked.

F*ck I hope I’m wrong, but it’s an unmistakable pattern since late 2017 :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yes. I feel like crying! Imagine if he was right for Anzac Day, he’d have dropped 5-6 on that flog Maynard, we’d have won 4 on the bounce and be the talk of the footy world. And look at us now…

4 Likes

So this week’s game is a mere formality? The players probably have the same attitude.

105 games in a season from Fantasia, Daniher, Stringer, Smack and Walla equals premiership.
Simple.

1 Like

Apparently he said this during the podcast today. Positive signs for him staying with the Dons hopefully

13 Likes

Please don’t get injured.

7 Likes

Winderlich poster begging for Fantasia not to get injured. The irony is not lost

15 Likes

But that’s not what a Fantasia is built for

IMG_3241

1 Like

Hmmm I heard it the other way. He was asked when she was moving to Melbourne and he just said “when she finished uni”…which could be ages away. Sounded more worrying to me.

Yep imagine all the Hawthorn supporters saying they could have got Zach Merrett(26) instead of Billy Hartung (24) in 2013 afl draft. And rather than picking risky Dayle Garlett at 38 could have got Fantasia (55).

3 Likes

Showed his class after a month off. Just get him in a hyperbaric chamber so he doesn’t fall ill/get injured/suffer from internal bleeding due to Stratton’s pinching of his arm last night.

3 Likes

Just such a smart player

Was gassed very very early tonight though, going to take a few weeks to get going. Hopefully hitting best form by GWS game.

2 Likes

Orazio is a very classy guy. He handled the whole pinching drama with style and could have rightfully dumped on Stratton, or hit him in the mouth.

In fact the Team handled it very well.

2 Likes

Is his partner a physiotherapist by any chance?

Disagree, he should have smacked Stratton in the mouth. They all should have after repeatedly telling the umpires to intervene.

As much as I would have loved that we can’t afford to be without him for the 6 weeks he would’ve copped. All the umpires should be stood down

6 Likes

Its a very bad look for the umpires and the AFL.

The fact that its EFC impacted …again…needs investigation.

5 Likes