#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Baguley would offer more right now…

2 Likes

I agree that would be interesting jodi.
Once raz elevated to elite level he has never been out of form. He goes deep in the goal square as he can’t sustain any running speed at all. So he is playing closer to goal hoping he can get onto a few ground balls. Fully fit he would be leading up to receive kick-ins, be the key link in the switch chain etc.
He’s not of form, he just can’t run.
Some players overcome these problems. Heeney seemed to be lame early in the season, kept playing and is now firing ok. If we were out of contention they would pull the plug on raz.

The data is from portable gps/sensor units, and only ‘top stats’ of those kind are public.

How do you get satellite data when the roof is closed?

2 Likes

That and coaches taking risks because of our current ladder position and series of must win games.

But he is allowing Walla to get off the chain so…

Tough one.

I’d prefer see him rested.

Went back and watched him on the replay and definitely when stretching out and attempting to run at 100% his action was different. Have you spoken to someone at the club about it or just guessing?

Cyril had to change his running style to stop getting soft tissue injuries IIRC

he seems willing to throw his body at ball when in close except when required to show some real speed and beat his man, he just doesnt seem able to do so like we have seen him to do earlier. 100% not fully fit

6,8,11,5 disposals in his last 4 matches, 2 goals.

If that was bag’s output, 99% of this board would be calling for him to be dropped.

nothing against him, he is obviously out of form due to injury, but he should not be playing, and the myersesq excuses should not justify him continuing to play.

4 Likes

There were a couple times when it was a simple race to the ball between Raz and an opponent, and he couldn’t/wouldn’t put the gap on them.

I suppose teams will have caught on by now that he’s injured and may put their resident spud on him. I know that the counter argument will be that fantasia at only 50% should take the spud to the cleaners.

Except North used their best small defender on him which freed up Walla.
I’d except Adelaide to do similar

2 Likes

Based on our travel history this season, I am extremely concerned by the trip to Adelaide.

1 Like

Needs a rest. He can’t keep playing like this.

1 Like

We’d need to know what the internal review is of his fitness. If he’s injured he should be rested/treated until he is capable of AFL level effort. If he’s passed fit then we’d have to think he’s woefully out of form or maybe there is some truth to him already checking out. Either way he is currently not earning a spot & offers less than other options. We need him fit & firing & I’m not seeing any reason to believe thats the direction he’s heading atm.

1 Like

Bags was going slightly better than that and was dropped, so I agree give him a week off to get right. Then bring him in

Based on his lack of acceleration and less than usual penetration with his kicks, I suspect he has a groin strain. Hopefully not the dreaded OP but even if it isn’t, he’ll need more than a week to get over it.

1 Like

Maybe a few weeks out, Ham or Snelling would relish the opportunity

If he has groin soreness, they’d want to be damn sure that it isn’t OP to keep playing him.

3 Likes

he is playing his role for the team. Taking the opps best defender helps out players like Lav, Walla etc.

2 Likes