#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

He’s been clearly hampered for weeks. It’s concerning. Has had a horrible season injury-wise.

1 Like

yep lucky Orazio is staying as on his output we would be lucky to get a first rounder lol.

what was his injury earlier - quad - i reckon he doesnt have his elite speed, or is too scared to get up to those levels in case he reinjures himself.

so quad injury and illness hampered season so far.
Hoping he gets his confidence back. Maybe we need to look out for him more bump his man etc.

Been a horrible two years injury wise, since his string went bang in the first quarter against Carlton in round 20 2017.

The rumour back when he had a “viral infection” and was a late withdrawal from a couple of game was glandular fever. I’ve had it before and it took 6 months to shake. There might be some truth in it.

10 Likes

I’ve had it and it took 2 years to properly shake.

2 Likes

Yeh im hoping it wasnt glandular fever, if it was he came back pretty quick, but would make sense why he isnt 100%.
But yeh hes lost a bit of spark.

Would be interested to know if he does full training loads.

Gawn

Not sure how we get Gawn in that trade but he could be handy.

5 Likes

I think he meant that Gawn was related to the glandular fever.

I think this Friday might paint a better picture. After Walla’s performance on the weekend there’s no way that Adelaide don’t give him the most attention. Raz should be able to get off the leash.

1 Like

Unless the problem which has taken away raz’s speed clears, then the best we can hope for is some opportunistic goals. I trust we’re not playing russian roulette with a valuable asset.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the same. Walla will get best small defender this week. Not sure that raz can get off the chain though. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it’s op. He doesn’t have his usual acceleration and spark at all

1 Like

I’m putting him down for 3-4 goals. He’ll bounce back.

1 Like

Also, maybe Walla will play tactically more of a" team role" to pull the defenders away and give opportunities for the other forwards. It’s an interesting situation. If they put less effort into Orazio and he’s physically ok then he could get an easier run.

1 Like

It’s not like they would want to allow Raz freedom in fwd line either.

1 Like

Unfortunately our forward line has been our weakest line this year - for obvious reasons. If we can get something cleaver happening tactically between the forwards and actually execute it we can do some damage. Also a good game for Stringer or McKernan to put on a show.

It is going to be an interesting match to see how we go. Maybe I’m over-stepping but we have shown enough good signs to think that if we do have a bad one then we have what it takes to regroup and come back next week. Rather than go on a downwards slide.

Are you suggesting that we chop up the forwards

4 Likes

Dicing Heppell…

8 Likes

Massive for us