#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Cleaver Green the new forwards coach ??

4 Likes

Who will Orazio and Walla get this week? One of them surely gets off the chain, I’m predicting 6+ between them.
Laird doesn’t really lock down does he?

Was flicking through the radio tonight and Gold FM were providing a sports update based on Woosha’s press conference.

The news reader made sure to pronounce the name “Fanta-see-a” a number of times. No one has passed on the info that it was a joke? :joy:

Cleaver should definitely be a line coach.

4 Likes

it does seem to mimic Danihers plight early last year.
there’s nothing wrong, there’s nothing wrong, he’s still offering stuff behind the scenes you guys don’t know or can’t see.
lose to carlton.

yet he’s had op all along, now there’s no point playing him so we can admit it.

this week will be telling no doubt. tippa will get the no.1 defender, so Raz is gonna have to be the one trying to exploit a supposed lesser defender.
if he can’t they won’t have much to hide behind anymore.

1 Like

Dicing and a third rounder.

I love Woosha’s attempt to deflect what seems to be fairly obvious.

Raz needs a rest or perhaps he needs surgery or something. But he isn’t fit and can’t run / perform the way he didn’t before - at least at the moment. I hope this is only temporary.

He did kick the ball to the fwd line that created the goal. But if he had been involved in play earlier like a Snelling or a Mynott or a Ham or a Baguely , I suggest they would have also had an impact probably on par or potentially better - perhaps better, probably better. I think better.

Pure speculation of course - but then this is a footy forum and we are talking about the past. Maybe this, maybe that blah blah.

Ok Woosha, let’s get serious now. We don’t need a ■■■■■■ decoy forward, don’t fool ya self at least. we need a player that can contribute the whole game, high pressure, a goal here & there & maybe even go into the middle

Sorry Raz, exit stage left. It’s the right thing for Raz & for the team.

Let’s go with:

1. Snelling ( we all want him)
  2. Baguely ( did someone say accurate goal
    kicker that makes use of limited opportunities & provides pressure ?)
  3. Ham cause he is impactful & will be a player
  4. Mynott - why not ? Kids been pretty good without being spectacular. I think he could become a player, can play inside as well.

Is this “decoy forward” thing going to be the latest Chinese whispers bullshit that Woosha never actually said but gets thrown around Blitz?

1 Like

That’s because it wasn’t. It was simply a very bad English imitation of the Italian pronunciation. Pronounce it with even stress on all four syllables, instead of the heavy English accent on the second one, and you’ll get somewhere near it.

On the other hand, if you don’t speak Italian, just pronounce it the way we always do.

Ehi, Fantasia, amico mio - prenditi un mese di ferie…

1 Like

Yes. And what’s worse is that Woosha also said he wants to play Mark Harvey at the centre of a flying V formation against the Crows.
Pass it on… but you didn’t hear it from me ok

2 Likes

Purple Monkey dishwasher

1 Like

I would be looking to rest him for GCS and try Snelling. If he is close to breaking or limited we need to find an alternative for the run home in case he does break.

2 Likes

So did he go to Adelaide? I was hearing rumblings from early in the week that he needs 2 weeks off, but he was not in injury update and woosha was adament that he played his part and not carrying a significant injury.

Woosha never said he wasn’t carrying a significant injury. He said almost every player is carrying something at this time of year. Of course he is not going to disclose the detail or full reality.

1 Like

Agree. Raz and Walla are a nightmare to plan around. If one of them isn’t playing you’d leave it until last minute to let the opposition know.

You were spot on.

Woosha said exactly this in the team selection video.

They had this planned for a while as an opportunity for him to rest for a few weeks.

1 Like

Interesting that it’s a hip. If that’s true, is that going to be easier to deal with long term than a groin?

He’s been Gary Moorcroft’d

Mr Injury

Or is he though Fan behaviour