#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

If anyone noticed on the after game coverage on Fox there news guy said that Fantasias manager has said there has been no requests for trades and will be none, the ink has only just dried from the last extension and he is committed. Along those lines.

6 Likes

Rest him for GC and give him as much time as possible for the run home.

5 Likes

Yep. With this win we can rest him for another week which will basically be 20 days off since he last played. Then have him ready for the last 4 games of the season.

Did he travel to Adelaide today? Hopefully they don’t send him to GC next week and he can just rest at home.

He was on the ground after the game. Probably went for family and conjugal visit.

2 Likes

Rest him til the Port game, if his hip/knee etc is still that restrictive then put a line through him so we can settle our forward line for a month leading into a potential finals series.

3 Likes

We will need him cherry ripe for finals, should we make it, so I’d be resting him for another week.

Yeah I’m more on the concerned side for the GC game (don’t want to disrespect them) but we should rest Raz for one more week

2 Likes

D9358903-9025-486-F-8122-C9-E4-A622-F6-DE

Orazio Fan-Guelfi?
10 Likes

Hahahaha!!! He looks like Robbie Fowler circa about 1996 when he ran the bleach through the hair!

3 Likes

Razz nooooo.

Not sure about the bleached hair. Are our players getting cocky now?

1 Like

Obviously playing the decoy to get donnington off the Guelfi scent. Selfless Raz!

2 Likes

Orazio Fantasia. You’re better than that.

Will the real Matt Guelfi please stand up?

2 Likes

Maybe if he disguises himself as Guelfi the opposition won’t tag him as much.

1 Like

We are in the fortunate position that we actually dont need him to play injured as the team is doing well.
And what his output has been this year, we aint missing that much.

mcKenna loss if he goes to the wedding is a bit concerning though, but will provide a good opportunity for mcneice or Ridley.

Actually think its good for Tippas game too - he has to work a bit harder and be a better player.
get him to draw the best small defender will make fantasias game better when he returns.

Mate, if you are not able to get on the park, you aren’t going to win the Brownlow.

Give Raz as much time as he needs to get as fit and injury free as he can. While his recent output is down, he is still ultra dangerous in the forward line and a threat to any team. He will be desperate to play in the finals and l am sure he will be a big game performer. Too important to leave out.

1 Like

Was concerned after listening to the last few Don Air podcasts the he may be getting ahead of himself- hope not. Not a fan of the “look at me” hairdo.
Edit- the following posts were good to read so I’ll retract my over reaction. I always thought in the past he’d seemed a great guy so good to hear from those who’ve met him.

I think you’re reading a little too much into it tbh.

A couple of years ago, when my son went to one of Essendon’s “training days” with the young kids, they had a dozen exercises for kids to do, and a different Essendon player helping with each one. Raz was more engaging with the kids than the all the rest, except maybe McKernan. I gained a lot of respect for him that day.

This was before the club re-wrote one of their aims to be “the most inclusive club in the league”. Since then, I have noticed that most of the players, most of the time, engage more with fans, and tend to less often have that far-away bored expression that many AFL players have when doing their obligatory fan engagement.

4 Likes