#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Get around him!

1 Like

I’m really optimistic about this guy. I reckon he’ll be a really good solid mid for us. I reckon he’s one of the outside mids we’ve been looking for for about 10 years.

Fantasia is NOT a midfielder.

At least not yet. I doubt he ever will be.

His game is to use his pace as a lead-up forward, his evasion & his goal sense to play a role in a far too often stagnant forward line.

He still needs to improve his leading & his defensive efforts when the ball is cleared.

See him more as a LeCras-type player.

He is absolutely a midfielder. His pace and run and carry through the middle with his give and go handballs are exactly what we need more of. He’s pretty serviceable in the forward line but he’s an outside mid for sure.

Oh man. He's only a small bloke. On the positive side, Bags was like a pit bull, three blokes could get him off his prey.

From memory there was some eye gouging that got flashed up on the big screen from a Stkilda bloke that requires some attention from the MRP.

That was the one of the most disappointing things for me. Where are Bags’ team mates flying the flag. Sorry but if some dog elbows and eye gouges my team mate I’m copping the 6 weeks and breaking his jaw. Eye gouge a Hawks player and see if you walk of the field Montagna

Wonder if armitage will be called out by the mrp for striking. They don’t have that ‘only worth a free’ out because the ump missed it.

Intentional, medium impact, high contact?

Oh man. He’s only a small bloke. On the positive side, Bags was like a pit bull, three blokes couldnt get him off his prey.

From memory there was some eye gouging that got flashed up on the big screen from a Stkilda bloke that requires some attention from the MRP.

Perfectly sums up his game on Sunday

He’s playing forward out of necessity at the moment. We have nobody up there that can crumb and provide pressure and he adds that dimension to the forward line. Every man and his dog knows he’s a midfielder but doubt he will get moved back onto the ball until we bring Stokes or Edwards in.

Why do we think small forwards are the ones to kick it high to?

It’s like Davey all over again. We keep kicking it to him in contested marking situations, when that couldn’t further away from his skillset.

I still don’t mind him forward, when he’s actually able to crumb, but surely it can’t be hard to rotate him back into the midfield for a week or so occasionally.

Yeah, it’s not just small forwards it’s all forwards. Even when they should kick to a tall leading or try and force a tall to come at them they just bomb it high. People just expect talls to be better in that situation than smalls (which isn’t necessarily true depending on the tall).
Fantasia has a nous for goal. I don't think we could say that about any other player on our list.

Sure does…
But perhaps a little harsh on Zaharakis and Merrett x2

Very harsh on zerret esp
Love the Faz though

Not enough Caracella in this thread.

Aceman Fantasy

Yep.

Add Dea (although not locked in) has shown some good things.

And Ambrose has found a role.

And I wouldn’t be the only one very happy with how Jake Long is progressing.

Don’t forget all the guys we’re gonna pick up during the trade period…O’meara, Patton etc…

Yep.

Add Dea (although not locked in) has shown some good things.

And Ambrose has found a role.

And I wouldn’t be the only one very happy with how Jake Long is progressing.

Gee we’ve found some this season. Raz, Tippa, Parish, Hartley with further emergence of Zerrett and LAV and Lang getting more games into them. We also added Loony and still have Francis to debut. Yes, have heard a lot of good things about Redman too and we have have another high pick coming our way.

Hurley, Hooker, Heppell, Colyer. Without even mentioning anyone else that’s at least 12 very promising, proving themselves or proven players that can seriously worry opposition sides.

We haven’t been winning but man the future looks bright and Raz is right at the front of this new wave coming.

Going backwards doing a quick Wiki research, Rounds 9, 9, 5, 12, 1 (Heppell), 2, 1, 3, ?? (Selwood), 3, ?? (Deledio), 3, 1.

What’s the latest someone has ever been nominated who has then gone on to win the RS?

The human onomatopoeia

Does he make a sound like an Orazio or a Fantasia?

Both together

He’ll kick 5 against the lions and get the nom

Mills was all class. Fanta will get his.