#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Ya should be at the cricket!

2 Likes

Agree. He ended up listening to his own hype and becoming a parody of himself.

2 Likes

Laird for me

How good is this guy? He’s just as good as Eddie Betts imo,

It’s great to have this feeling about one of our small forwards for a change, and legit have opposition fans ■■■■■■■■ themselves every time we play them

2 Likes

Not only he’s a dead eye in front the sticks but also is quick and has a cheeky swagger about him.

I love him.

1 Like

Not quite yet… but he is heading in that direction and getting closer by the game.

There was some media over the pre-season that had him stating that Eddie was one of the players he was trying to model his game on.

I don’t think a comparison needs to be made.
They really are different players.
No harm in looking to the best small forward in the competition for inspiration, but he already does some things better.
Longer kick.
Faster in a straight line, and that’s important.
Better contested mark.

He’s going to kick seven in a game one day soon, and his opponents will say, ‘How the hell did that happen?’
It’ll probably happen by him kicking 2,3,1,1.
He’ll murder them before they notice he’s even in the room.

8 Likes

Worth noting that Fanta kicked 29 in his third year. Something betts did not better until his 5th and that is despite playing most games in his first 2 years which Fanta did not.

Fanta had kicked 40 from his first 29 games. Betts kicked 39 from his first 40

8 Likes

When they start double teaming Raz, then Tippa: Green or daniher will be lose and we need to honour there leads.

i imagine opposition will send an extra back in the hole to stop Raz leading up the centre corridor.

Such a good problem to have.

How good does our movement into the forward line look this year?

Let’s wait a few years to make that call, eh?

Betts is a pretty good contested mark for his size. They’re probably pretty comparable there.

I reckon Fantasia leads better though. He leads at the ball carrier better than any forward since Lloyd, and with his speed, it’s pretty hard to stop.

He also has that Betts thing going on, where you just put it in his general direction, and watch the goals happen.

Betts is pretty good at pushing people in the back too

2 Likes

Yeah, Raz needs to lift his game there.

1 Like

Betts takes a better specky, I’ll give you that.

Crikey, imagine if Raz starts taking big hangers…

1 Like

he’s to busy turning players inside out to jump on them.

Doesn’t need to. He’s so good on a lead to take the chest mark and he reads the pack that well that more often than not he is in right position to either collect or receive for a goal. This kid is epic

Who is this person “Razzle Dazzle”, Dear?"

The footy player formerly known as “Raz” my sweet.

1 Like