#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

No crowd has ever made a noise like that since.

1 Like

With Mercs, I always remember 2 or 3 great seasons. For the rest of the time, I thought he displayed Somerville-like levels of inconsistency.

That’s how you choose to remember a 200 game, dual premiership, chrichton medal winning champion?

1 Like

Mercs was amazing for 7 or 8 years…when his brother passed he was never the same

10 Likes

You ■■■■ one goat…

Same deal, you lose one prelim final just about off your own boot against the SALAMIS

1 Like

Still the loudest crowd noise I’ve ever heard at the 'G.

If you were standing on the MCG I would booo you

People talk like Mercs was having a set shot…

1 Like

I think it’s both unfair and incorrect to single out Mercs for the 99 final loss.

Dean Wallis on the other hand… :wink:

7 Likes

I blame Alessio and Caracella as well for missing sitters
I blame Hardwick, Young and Moorcroft for roughing up Silvagni when we looked like we had the game won. Silvagni’s address to the players over this fired them up, allegedly.
I blame Somerville for hitting it down Bradley and Camporeale’s throats when he had Allan at his mercy in the last
I blame Lloyd, Rioli and Fletcher for missing gettable shots straight after we’d got out by 15 points in the third. Kick two of those and it’s game over

8 Likes

Rotations are good these days, hey. McGrath and McKenna very close to capable of coming from half back to do the same.

Fark the '99 prelim.

9 Likes

Why the fark did I come in here. Like I needed that today. Ffs

9 Likes

I know, I’m so angry right now.

3 Likes

Why would you talk about the 99 prelim when you could be talking about the 2000 prelim?

3 Likes

I don’t think I cheered once that day. I just held my breath for four quarters and then let out a massive sigh of relief when the siren went.

7 Likes

How many Winny blues?

Kinky.

1 Like

WTF is this ‘Disney’ thing?!?!?

A kink that it would seem Peos shares with old Micky Hutchence.

1 Like