#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Agree Wimm,

if Zerrett was 2 inches taller no commentator in the industry would have referred to him as a small forward. Alas, stereotyping occurs.

When he came in the team I can’t recall any actual match he even played small fwd. Half forward flank playing high at best.

Maybe me and HM are the only two then; and tbe very quick, clean skilled guy dropped to pick 26 because of… completely other reasons, which weren’t publicised, and have since been proven unfounded.

He played half forward for a few games in his first year, as he had with Sandy (because they had a superstar lineup that year). Once he had a pre-season into him he was a whole other story.

Noticed that Raz was the only one missing today at training, any news?

Heard he was out amongst the crowd, … Dazzling.

1 Like

Zerrett’s initial claim to fame was 100% goal accuracy (11.0 in his first H&A season, then 0.2 in the final vs North…)

You can see how commentators and hence others might parrot the line of him being a Dead Eye Reynolds, and all that.

And his first miss was an oobotf

I think also afl wasn’t even a really strong focus in his TAC cup year from.memory. I believe he was a top cricketer and as such a late bloomer.

I also recall that Ryan O’Connor contacted Essendon and stated that when Zerrett actually played TAC cup his performance and ability were commensurate with Josh Kelly who was accurately adorned a wonder kid.

Changing mid/forward with Smith imo.

Hopefully with guys like Smith and Stringer added, who can spend time forward, plus the public statements about guys like Zaka and Zerrett spending more time forward, this means Fanta will spend a bit more time in midfield.

We’re going to have so much flexibility

1 Like

Thought this guy was super impressive in the intra-club.

Going to take his game to another level this year.

6 Likes

Best thing about raz is thus far, every year he looks like he’s just going to get better. Can’t see him plateauing for a while.

Yes, the outside run he provides is dynamic. Smart move by the coaches to give this guy another area to work on / develop. Finally (!) midfield depth. What Worsfold wants, Worsfold gets. Year 1 game plan, 2 improved forward zone and now midfield depth. Momentum is genuinely building around the club. Not just lip service, our club is going places!

2 Likes

I think he made his first mistake as a part of the leadership group on radio yesterday. Revealing that Francis is on leave before the club had issued a statement! All part of the learning process for him.

1 Like

Maybe he’d been given approval for that

The media department can get a few wrong but overall I think they have stepped up their game the last 12 months.

The BT in the background is straight out the Blitz playbook.

4 Likes

20 Likes

Good get.
So who at the club is using BT’s visage as a screen saver?

1 Like

He reads Bomberblitz!

Hi Raz - hope you have a great year!

1 Like