#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Did someone say Pun Run? I got the man for the job…

Had knee surgery today, will miss 3-4 weeks :cry:

That’s not good.

Bugger, hopefully a round 3 or 4 return to be firing for the big win on Anzac Day!

farken fark

2 Likes

■■■■ me things were looking so good for rd 1 with every one fit and firing.

I’m here to invest my panic dollars. Which que shall I jump in?

Seriously though. It could be worse. Were they saying he’d miss 3-4 weeks? Is that code for 2 months?

Fantasia sidelined
March 8, 2018 2:05 PM

Essendon forward Orazio Fantasia has undergone a procedure on his knee on Thursday.

Fantasia was suffering from friction in his knee and Essendon Physical Performance Manager Justin Crow said the procedure was the best option.

“Orazio has recently had ITB friction that has been causing him knee pain and had a procedure today to address it,” Crow said.

“The intervention went to plan and following these procedures players usually take 3-4 weeks to recover.”

Fantasia booted 39 goals from 20 games for the Bombers in 2017.

Fit yes… but who is firing?

Haha no one

Megadeth fan?

2 Likes

Geez. Surgery for ITB?!

I thought that could be easily managed with massage and strength conditioning of the medial band.

1 Like

Alright, off I go on a 3-4 week G.O.B forget-me-now bender.

1 Like

I suppose only missing Raz from a full line up isn’t too bad.

So if its been recently, and if you go by club lingo, ‘a knock and will be back soon’ is like 3 months, so why are we only doing this surgery now?

2 Likes

Seems like weeks they spent zeroing in on the problem, first a quad ???, then a hammy???, now iliotibial band friction !

Interesting. Its quite common.

Iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS) is the most common injury of the lateral side of the knee in runners, with an incidence estimated to be between 5% and 14%. [5] (level 1A)

Ffs

At this rate we will have no one left at Round 1.

#panic

Lock Josh Green in then