#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

I personally cant see any reason why a young player with huge signs of having a breakout season this season would prematurely sign up. Could stand to potentially lose a large chunk of dough.
Exactly.

And there’s much-panicking poster who’s a Grade A drongo.

Wants us to sign up Fyfe or Martin AND pay Raz whatever he wants.

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t love to have one of Fyfe or Martin in our team? also Fantasia is the best small forward we had in over a decade would hate to lose him because Essendon didn’t want to match or get close to a rivals offer.

And FYI I’m not a drongo I’m just over us losing good players for peanuts in return.

I personally cant see any reason why a young player with huge signs of having a breakout season this season would prematurely sign up. Could stand to potentially lose a large chunk of dough.
Exactly.

And there’s much-panicking poster who’s a Grade A drongo.

Wants us to sign up Fyfe or Martin AND pay Raz whatever he wants.

His manager sure as hell won’t be telling him to sign up early.

But the player himself might prefer to have it out of the way and not a distraction to his footy. And also there is the risk involved, if offer on table and he knocks back then does a serious injury then left in lurch.

What gives me hope is that Laverde last season got a decent offer from St.Kilda but in the end stayed with us. I'm thinking Fantasia will be same. .

LAV

Sry wannabe … should’ve read ur entire post. I saw $700k and just thought wtf? Teaches me not too post with a full belly of red …

It will be a while before we sign him, I reckon.

At the moment he is a promising young player who IMO will launch himself to the next level this year, and Im talking Cyril Rioli elite. 50+ goals and substantial midfield time. So we should lock him in at 700k a year for 5 years.

Then again, maybe he doesn’t quite take off and only gets 25 goals, fails miserably in the midfield and Colyer/Tippa/Green/Begley show even more potential? At which point he is only worth 400k for 3 years.

I dont think EFC should be offering the big money his manager is asking for just yet, and i dont think Raz should be taking what EFC are offering just yet.

Lol … I read $700k I just lost it … maybe I should read the entire post first … or better yet don’t post on blitz with a belly full of red

No way he’s worth $700k ffs at this time

At the moment he is a promising young player who IMO will launch himself to the next level this year, and Im talking Cyril Rioli elite. 50+ goals and substantial midfield time. So we should lock him in at 700k a year for 5 years.

Then again, maybe he doesn’t quite take off and only gets 25 goals, fails miserably in the midfield and Colyer/Tippa/Green/Begley show even more potential? At which point he is only worth 400k for 3 years.

I dont think EFC should be offering the big money his manager is asking for just yet, and i dont think Raz should be taking what EFC are offering just yet.

No way he’s worth $700k ffs at this time

What gives me hope is that Laverde last season got a decent offer from St.Kilda but in the end stayed with us. I’m thinking Fantasia will be same.

Fantasia can be the leader of our smalls brigade. love how he’s always communicating and directing traffic after he kicks a goal.

Its like the fyfe articles. yep 18 clubs are going after fyfe you fuckwits.

On top of which we’ve established a decent record over the last few years of losing good players. If you wanted to put money on a team losing a player they wanted to keep, we’d be near the top of the list.

Edit: yes, I know, saga etc.

That’s a bit dramatic

Not really? If you’re picking a club to write panic articles about, Essendon is a team with a lot of supporters who are more likely to believe they’re going to lose a player they rate highly than, say, Richmond. Similarly if you want to write about a club chasing a player, you pick Collingwood because they’re a team with a lot of supporters, and they’ve traded in a lot of players over the last few years. I’m not talking about the reality of losing or gaining a specific player, just what makes the best clickbait.

On top of which we’ve established a decent record over the last few years of losing good players. If you wanted to put money on a team losing a player they wanted to keep, we’d be near the top of the list.

That’s a bit dramatic

I finally found the new panic thread.
Knew there had to be one somewhere.

1 Like

The guy has show enough last year and against Pies this pre season that he’s a bona fide gun he’s going to explode this year and announce him self as one of the best small forwards in the comp.

Of course they will be fkg interested. Why wouldn’t they want to lure a gun back home?

I got no doubt we’re eyeing off any uncontracted Melbourne kids of theirs too

Fanta and Parish should have been locked away last season.

Maybe the club dealing with the banned players contracts/compensation pay is what was holding them up? with that now out of the way the club should be focusing on signing up guys like Fantasia and Parish on long term contracts.

Browne reporting sa clubs already circling which is hardly a surprise - they won't be the only ones interested.
This is what shiits me about the direction football has gone. It's still a month before the 2017 season and there are already talks of clubs circling a player for 2018. It takes some of the enjoyment away from the current season.
Amen. He seems happy at the club and according to reputable posters on here we have plenty of room in the salary cap. That's good enough for me. Just enjoy the footy and worry about this crap in October.

Port Adelaide seriously, develop your own you tarp using sh-t club

Nathan Basset will be having a massive say.

Him and Hinkley will likely be gone if they don’t play finals

Yeah Hinkley has come out and put some heat on him self.