#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Well, der.

There’s no one in the league better at the low pick-ups at pace. And it’s not just skill, it’s nous – loved one collection on the Southern Cross flank in the second quarter yesterday where he didn’t run monotonically to take the ball but slowed, changed his angle, then BURST. Gave his man zero chance of stopping him once he took it.

If his hamstrings hold, he is going to be one of the greats.

7 Likes

I agree.

I haven’t seen a guy come through with his skill set in a long time. I think a move to the middle next year and a couple more kilos will see him become one of the most damaging mids we’ve seen at Essendon.

1 Like

Can’t wait till anzac day next year when he makes Maynard his ■■■■■ again!

2 Likes

Fantasia is not a midfielder ffs. Been crying out for a legit small forward for a decade and we finally get one who can kick bags semi regularly and you all want him as a mid?

No. Not having it.

5 Likes

Not a Mecuri fan I take it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Needs to spend the preseason making his hammies impervious to damage.

What would hurt the most … losing wanganeen at the time or Raz moving back to Adel? We where a much better side when wanganern left…

Raz seems to be really invested in this group, is loved by all and has relished becoming a leader. Reckon he’s committed to seeing this through.

4 Likes

No idea why Raz would want to move

What is his contract status ? I am very nervous … Adelaide are into him no doubt as they need an Eddie replacement… Dare I say barricked for Adel as a kid …!?

Signed till the end of next year. He’s a leader at this club. Stupid worrying about him leaving at this point in time.

1 Like

Mercs didn’t do much in the last decade.

In watching our goals again the Raz one where he gets the hand ball from Myers and then snaps on his left is amazing for this reason

Raz starts in the guts but at defensive side of centre bounce, keeps helping push/is tracking ball fwd from there. Lays a big tackle which spills ball free. Then gets up again as Langford is streaming fwd with it to eventually then be the option after Lang fights through a tackle to get the ball out that ends up with Myers.

Gun

10 Likes

Is this the part where we say Champion Data is really good and accurate ?

20 Likes

It’s the best!!

1 Like

I found a 2007 edition the other day and they burn beautifully.

5 Likes

No almost about it - he is the barometer for our team.
When he is in the team and fully fit we are without doubt a 6+ goal better outfit.

So far this year:

We have won 70% of games Orazio has played in (7 /10).

We have lost 71% of games Orazio has not played in (5/7).

3 Likes

And two of the losses, against the doggies and Carlton was his first week back from injury and a little underdone.

The other loss was Richmond.