#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

I’ll join in mid next year when they say it’s a back related hamstring.

can’t wait for the interview where he says he struggles to tie his shoes.

Glad somebody said it, so I can jump on the bandwagon too. Be happy to get 10 games out of him next year.

1 part winders
1 part gumb
1 part Myers

He is in track to have the greatest, what could of been career.

He’s played a bit more footy to the same stage in his career than licha and my sense is he injures himself pushing for too much rather than being chronically injury prone.

I think as he matures a bit he’ll get a better sense of what his body can handle. I think he’ll also be helped if we become a better and more dominant team with the result that he doesn’t feel like he has to continually push himself to create something from nothing and can pay a bit safer.

2 Likes

Quick hamstring upgrade over the off season, … he’ll be fine.

They’re using roo strings now, I heard.

1 Like

Would make sense for Joey…

2 Likes

Agree with this. One time he did his hammy, he was trying to do a sharp change of direction at full speed.
Maybe it was better to anticipate and offload the ball earlier. The trouble is, too many hammy twangs increases chances of it happening again.

It’s a tough one. That explosive speed is what makes him so dangerous and effective. Needs to sort how far he can push himself without risking injury - as best as you can. Maybe if he takes it back to 90% effort he may still be just as as deadly. He and the club need to be smarter about this.

Cyril Rioli had this problem. Fanta should have a chat with him.

1 Like

At least one, probably more than one, level better player

So, did anyone else hear on TF the other night, that Raz has firmly stated that his last name is not pronounced Fan Taze ee yah, but rather Fanta see ah??

I’m sure in reality he means Fanta SEE YA!

That’s how I’ll be pronouncing it from now on anyway.

1 Like

Pffft. What would he know?

2 Likes

1 Like

This bloke is absolutely primed for a massive 2019. Looks super fit, and its a testament to his leadership qualities that he started training with the younger guys. Without a doubt our most important player (him and Daniher), such a barometer for us. If he plays 20 games we make the top 4.

3 Likes

100% agree. I mentioned in the training thread, if he has an injury free year then look out. He has potential to be a top 10 player in the comp IMO.

1 Like

Just try to get BT to say anything other than : “Oh Rart zio Fant Azia”

At pick 55 he’s definitely on the list. It’s clear, and has been said by many on here, when he’s in the side and up and running we are a vastly better and more dangerous side. His impact is beyond just what he does himself.

ORAZIO FANTASIA*
60 games
90 goals
Selected at – Pick 55 (2013)
*Still playing

After kicking off his career across half-back, Fantasia has settled to become one of the league’s most exciting forwards.

While injuries restricted Fantasia’s output this year, he was still able to boot 20 goals from just 13 games, following up on his outstanding haul of 39 goals in 2017.

The 23-year-old is one of the hardest match-ups in the game, mixing elite pace and agility with terrific aerial ability.

Recent seasons have seen Fantasia also increase his time in the midfield, using his explosiveness to great effect. If he remains on track to get consistent game time next year and beyond, he will become one of the club’s greatest bargain selections.

3 Likes

I’m astonished Taylor hasn’t gone with Fanta-seeeeeeeeeeeya.

2 Likes