#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

I’m an unashamed Orazio fan so I may be accused of bias, but he is at the very least getting chances despite not playing overly well. That’s a good sign. He’s had an interrupted pre-season and it’s clear his touch is a bit off, but there were a couple of sign late that it’s not far away. Some pick-ups at full speed, in the last he got the ball around the wing, had a run and hit Brown or one of the other forwards on the chest lace out. Won’t be long before he’s putting them through…

1 Like

Agree that he’s generated more chances this week but he’s missed plenty of easy ones and if someone had said that it’ll take him at least 3 games to get going and kick his first goal of the year, you’d be worried.

Raz is also my favourite player in the team and I rate him incredibly highly, so that’s probably why I’m so disappointed.

Is he carrying an injury from the preseason?

Opening seconds of the last quarter Raz got it out the back and sprayed it. He could have run that all the way to the goal line with a couple of bounces and nobody would have caught him…How that would have changed things.

1 Like

Can’t kick

He just looks like a footballer who doesn’t trust his hamstrings yet… hopeful that will come.

3 Likes

I agree. Kicking aside, he looks less agile/slower.

He looks like a pre-teen asthmatic with anaemia.

Broke his finger in the preseason and apparently that has been enough to see him regress to VFL reserves standard.

Rocketing up the ranks along with his mates Daniher and Merrett as the worst inclusions into the ‘leadership group’ in over a decade.

1 Like

That open goal miss in the last was soul destroying

12 Likes

He looks like a footballer that shouldn’t have been put in the leadership group after 1 good season, 1 injury riddled season and not much else.

Is soooooo important to our success… like perhaps the entire key to our forwardline working… but looks underdone and out of sorts.

Showed some signs and I still believe he will be right… but no doubt he was underdone and perhaps should have played 1-2 rounds in the VFL.

1 Like

Agreed. He had so much space to just run in for a certain goal.

Still maintain that if he had of kicked that, we would have won the game.

1 Like

Good God Ross

Our club kills excellent careers. Strike while the iron is hot while we try and fix the mess we are in

Essendon ,where talent goes to die

1 Like

He just dosent seem fit. Am I alone in thinking this?

I don’t know how a broken thumb would impact his running.

He is a liability at the moment.

Misses at start of first, second and last quarters probably cost us the points. Wind out of our sails stuff.
But probably even more disappointing for a leader of this club was his non competitive effort on Acres mark in second quarter (while Saad and Parish also did nothing).

1 Like

Confidence is absolutely shot for Raz

What seems odd is he no longer looks fast.

This may seem harsh but he is playing like Jerrett