#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Trade Raz, Joe, Smith and Draper whilst they have currancy. Should be able to get a second rounder for all of them.

This year is finished, just put him in a good paddock and get him right. ffs.

Who would have thought that playing our injury prone player who was already sore after his first game back, on a 6 day turnaround to the hardest ground in the Country (that has already been blamed for its high injury rate) would be a bad idea?

5 Likes

If we have mismanaged Raz, as it appears we have, that might be the final straw with backroom/coaching staff etc.

I’d gut the club and get rid of every single coach and employee in the footy department that has been at the club for more than 2 years.

We are going absolutely nowhere.

If it wasn’t official already, it is now - We are the new Richmond.

2 Likes

#13 Orazio “Call me Jason Winderlich for the rest of my career” Fantasia

2 Likes

Can we line them up and stone them first?

you don’t reckon other clubs would back their own medical staff to get the best out of him?

A fit and healthy Raz is worth a massive amount to us. The only issue is he hasn’t been fit and healthy for a long time now.

The guy is made of tissue paper.

It’s not Fantasias fault that he was selected even though he was already injured.

We are developing a history of shortsightedness and that has to rest with Woosha.

He would have to be aware of the players condition prior and yet he selects them to play anyway.

1 Like

Soreness and injured are 2 very different things. Half the players in the AFL manage soreness.

9 Likes

Reckon if we were waiting for players to be completely injury free, no team would be able to field an afl side every week. I trust the fitness staff in this issue - if they thought Fanta was fit enough to play, he was fit enough to play. Fanta always takes a few games to get going after injury and usually injures himself again when he gets to that level.

1 Like

I really hope this isn’t true because I heard reports earlier in the year from people that know him saying he was fairly disappointed in the way the club had handled him and that he didn’t have a lot of trust in the current medical team. This latest issue definitely wouldn’t allay and doubts or fears he has if true. :pensive:

2 Likes

Risk factors would be applied to frequently injured players. We aren’t talking about zaca here who is rarely injured

All I was told is this is the likely outcome. He’s had soreness for a while now. The quad injury meant he had to have a layoff and they’ve been managing him since. He was very sore post Eagles game but a few of the guys reported soreness post game. The ground is hard over there, maybe that has something to do with it but word is he missed training today and is likely to need 2-3 weeks off. I guess assessments will be made after that. I really hope it’s wrong, this guy has been absolutely smashed by injury and IMO is one of our most important players.

8 Likes

Frustrating that he is struggling to stay fit. All teams have injuries to different levels so we are not alone. The issue for us is we are so desperate for some success that we want all to be perfect. And it feels like it has to be perfect to give ourselves a chance. But the good sides cover these injuries. And since our VFL side is going so well we should have players to step in. Things can change, but coming off a bad loss and with a frustrating season to date, there is good reason to be sceptical.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

Unless it’s a condition like OP, I don’t know how ‘soreness’ means 2-3 weeks off.

I could understand it meaning 1 week off but not 2-3

4 Likes

Rest him for the year. Give games to Snelling, Mynott, Mosquito and Mutch. See you next year, Raz.

Depending on Raz or Daniher for that matter, to be fit and always available is basically the epitome of relying on talent over system.

3 Likes

that’s one of our biggest problems!! Because we have no real system to the way we play, as soon as we lose our best players to injury we fall to bits

1 Like

Ham

It’s the pace we miss most, IMO.