#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Pay him whatever he wants.

Fantasia will be gunning for a well deserved massive pay rise at the end of the season after kicking over 50 goals.

Parish the same after dominating in the midfield.

Say goodbye to the big fish because these two are going to get the cash and we should extatic they are.

Just wait for Port to offer Jasper Pittard and pick 53 for Raz

Can play.

But no thanks haha

come on man, he gets run down more than anyone else in the afl.

He’s one of these blokes who everyone in the footy public made their mind up about early, mainly because he was built like a HB pencil, he is as pale as a ghost and he has an odd private school sounding name but he has actually played good footy the last couple of seasons.

He was the only Port Adelaide player in the All Australian squad of 40 last season and deservedly so. He was a real playmaker for them.

1 Like
I'm backing Aceman here hes in the know re Fantasia and being in SA.

And Jon Butcher

BIG
JON
BUTCHER

1 Like

Can play.

But no thanks haha

come on man, he gets run down more than anyone else in the afl.

Can play.

But no thanks haha

Ok, line up. Who seriously wants Martin on our list?

And Jon Butcher

He now is playing cricket in my local league and we play his side this week lol

I personally cant see any reason why a young player with huge signs of having a breakout season this season would prematurely sign up. Could stand to potentially lose a large chunk of dough.
Exactly.

And there’s much-panicking poster who’s a Grade A drongo.

Wants us to sign up Fyfe or Martin AND pay Raz whatever he wants.

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t love to have one of Fyfe or Martin in our team? also Fantasia is the best small forward we had in over a decade would hate to lose him because Essendon didn’t want to match or get close to a rivals offer.

And FYI I’m not a drongo I’m just over us losing good players for peanuts in return.

You’ve just been promoted to Drongo Class A+.

Contracts just aren’t as simple as you seem to think.

Never said they were simple.

And Jon Butcher

I personally cant see any reason why a young player with huge signs of having a breakout season this season would prematurely sign up. Could stand to potentially lose a large chunk of dough.
Exactly.

And there’s much-panicking poster who’s a Grade A drongo.

Wants us to sign up Fyfe or Martin AND pay Raz whatever he wants.

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t love to have one of Fyfe or Martin in our team? also Fantasia is the best small forward we had in over a decade would hate to lose him because Essendon didn’t want to match or get close to a rivals offer.

And FYI I’m not a drongo I’m just over us losing good players for peanuts in return.

You’ve just been promoted to Drongo Class A+.

Contracts just aren’t as simple as you seem to think.

We are Southampton.We get good kids and they go to Liverpool and become average.

Oh & parish isn't going anywhere

This

Oh & parish isn’t going anywhere

I’m backing Aceman here hes in the know re Fantasia and being in SA. He has said for some time that port/adelaide were sniffing around and also said they were gonna make a big play for him this year which is no suprise. But as Aceman also said, Fantasia is happy at the club and don’t see him leaving.

We have a good season, Fanta and Parish aren’t going anywhere. Both want to be winners.

Have a crap season, and lose to the clubs they wish to go to, and they could make the call.

It’s in our own hands. All we have to do is win games of footy and get back to being a successful club. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Maybe Fanta and Parish don’t want to sign yet? If I was them I probably wouldn’t either. Both are in line for very good seasons… it’ll only increase their value.

Both will be signed by round 16 on 3 year deals.

Its like the fyfe articles. yep 18 clubs are going after fyfe you fuckwits.

On top of which we’ve established a decent record over the last few years of losing good players. If you wanted to put money on a team losing a player they wanted to keep, we’d be near the top of the list.

Edit: yes, I know, saga etc.

Fanta and Parish should have been locked away last season.

Maybe the club dealing with the banned players contracts/compensation pay is what was holding them up? with that now out of the way the club should be focusing on signing up guys like Fantasia and Parish on long term contracts.

This is not a crack at you as I understand the sentiment, but I think that there can be a tendency to oversimplify the contract (re)negotiation process - I suspect that it is not as straightforward as the club simply directing the player to the dotted line.

Obviously the club has its own list management / salary cap considerations, though I doubt these would have any significant impact on the re-signing of players as important to our future as Fantasia and Parish. But on the other side of the table, you have two young, confident players who will quite rightly back their ability to improve over the course of the year and be worth more by the end of it. Having other clubs in the sniffing in the background will only add to their value, even if they have no real intention of leaving. With their next contracts having the potential to run up to three to four years, why would they not let their value rise? I certainly would! In the background of all of this you have player managers who will be advocating hard for the sake of their next pay packet and have no real motivation to make any of it easy for the club.

I am sure that the club is on top of this and that there is not a typo in the spreadsheet of contract end dates which has prevented anyone from realising that their contracts expire at the end of the year and, ultimately, I am sure that both players will re-sign. However, in the meantime, it’s hardly surprising that two of our brightest stars are attracting a bit of interest and I would expect a bit of noise about it. I would encourage you to ignore the noise and focus your attention / anxiety on the season ahead which is probably where it is better spent.

I agree but don’t they say the longer the player stays unsigned the risk of him leaving increases? look I’m not going to worry about it too much now but if Fantasia hasn’t signed by mid year you can beat their will be panic.

Its like the fyfe articles. yep 18 clubs are going after fyfe you fuckwits.

On top of which we’ve established a decent record over the last few years of losing good players. If you wanted to put money on a team losing a player they wanted to keep, we’d be near the top of the list.

Edit: yes, I know, saga etc.

Fanta and Parish should have been locked away last season.

Maybe the club dealing with the banned players contracts/compensation pay is what was holding them up? with that now out of the way the club should be focusing on signing up guys like Fantasia and Parish on long term contracts.

This is not a crack at you as I understand the sentiment, but I think that there can be a tendency to oversimplify the contract (re)negotiation process - I suspect that it is not as straightforward as the club simply directing the player to the dotted line.

Obviously the club has its own list management / salary cap considerations, though I doubt these would have any significant impact on the re-signing of players as important to our future as Fantasia and Parish. But on the other side of the table, you have two young, confident players who will quite rightly back their ability to improve over the course of the year and be worth more by the end of it. Having other clubs in the sniffing in the background will only add to their value, even if they have no real intention of leaving. With their next contracts having the potential to run up to three to four years, why would they not let their value rise? I certainly would! In the background of all of this you have player managers who will be advocating hard for the sake of their next pay packet and have no real motivation to make any of it easy for the club.

I am sure that the club is on top of this and that there is not a typo in the spreadsheet of contract end dates which has prevented anyone from realising that their contracts expire at the end of the year and, ultimately, I am sure that both players will re-sign. However, in the meantime, it’s hardly surprising that two of our brightest stars are attracting a bit of interest and I would expect a bit of noise about it. I would encourage you to ignore the noise and focus your attention / anxiety on the season ahead which is probably where it is better spent.