#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Port Adelaide seriously, develop your own you tarp using sh-t club

Nathan Basset will be having a massive say.

Him and Hinkley will likely be gone if they don’t play finals

Nathan Basset will be having a massive say.

Fark off

SA doesn’t even have electricity, no way he goes

Parish is another we haven’t re-signed yet. I see other clubs lock away their young guns why isn’t Essendon doing the same?

Browne reporting sa clubs already circling which is hardly a surprise - they won't be the only ones interested.
This is what shiits me about the direction football has gone. It's still a month before the 2017 season and there are already talks of clubs circling a player for 2018. It takes some of the enjoyment away from the current season.

1 Like
Browne reporting sa clubs already circling which is hardly a surprise - they won't be the only ones interested.

I’ll be upset if we lose him give him want he wants Essendon ffs.

Browne reporting sa clubs already circling which is hardly a surprise - they won’t be the only ones interested.

I'm putting my money in the the Vanguard EFC Panic ETF, its ostensibly an index tracking fund that gives you exposure across all our players and all possible "finish your rep and ■■■■ off" type scenarios with minimal fees. It won't make you rich but I'm a more of a defensive investor.

I’ve been shorting the Hurley and Francis threads for weeks, I think I need to buy Justin Crow a panic house for making me so many panic dollars.

Just for fun I took another look at Fantas 2013 Draft promo. Just to see what had led us to this decision.
In a year of draft sanctions, our trading gave us Zerret and Fanta. Thats an outstanding result: both are probably 200-300 game players.

3 Likes

Love what this kid brings to the table.
I’m a bit against the general consensus here though a would rather he transition to the midfield.

I get the argument that we need him in the forward line, I do.

But, Gary ablett was an elite small forward too, turned out he was alright as a midfielder

4 Likes

I’m with you. But we’re in the minority

I remember his draft profile and I remember his speed being described as just ‘good’. Did his speed improve dramatically in an AFL environment because I would describe it as lightening!

I’ve already said it, & I believe it would be the standard MO in AFL clubs today, … anyone who has potential to mid, will be tried , tested, & trained to do so.

They will then be rotated in more or less, … dependent on their aptitude and certain skill sets, either transitioning to 1st /2nd rotation if they do really well, or as they build size skills & tank, or just for bursts on certain players when others need a spell, and finally, if no one else is available due to injury, if they aren’t fully up to that level.

More rotations, less fatigue to the mid group and better countering of certain players due to more options.

If he has what it takes, that’s where he’ll end up, …again, how long & how often, dependent on abilities, fitness etc. If he fires there, it’s almost a given, seeing as we have a nice handful of Sm FWD options now.

4 Likes

He was picked at 55, around the point where other clubs were upgrading rookies. Quite clearly he was massively under-rated by at least some of the 17 clubs, probably because of his height.
For example Fanta is well ahead of Billings and Acres who were 3 and 19 respectively in the 2013 draft.

5 Likes

Height, weight and aerobic capacity I’d imagine. I remember in an interview when he first got to the club he mentioned that he was eating a heap more food because the club nutritionist he told him he wasn’t eating anywhere near enough. Then during the first offseason he got an operation on his sinuses so he could breathe properly when he was running.

No panic dollars left in this thread.

What are you talking about? Apart from Monfries, Jenkins, Crameri, Ryder, Melksham, Carlisle and Hibberd we’ve lost no one of note

1 Like

Gary Ablett senior was an elite wingman, turned out he was alright as a forward.

3 Likes

But what about Nathan Ablett?

2 Likes