#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

I just want to clarify my position. He should be in the midfield. Yes, I know he’s good forward. But you wouldn’t play Fyfe or Dangerfield forward over the middle because they’re just to good. I think he should be in the middle. Especially after recruiting guys like Green and Begley.

And the below is one of the reasons why.

1 Like

Ah, the old Fantasia to midfield gambit. I can see this going well for you. :wink:

1 Like

He will end up in the middle, it’s just a matter of when not if.

Yep, I’d be happy with him getting 5-10 minute bursts in there each quarter.

Leave him as he is. He’s getting more attention than in round 2, our delivery into the forward 50 has also been working worse.

He has to work through this phase. He will come good.

1 Like

Begley is a midfielder.

To be clear, this is in no way meant to be a knock on his ability as a forward. I really really rate him. I just think he can be an exceptional midfielder as well. And I suspect with Green, Walla, Laverde, Begley, Redman etc as forward options, we can actually cover him better up forward. We seem a bit sparse for next run mids outside of 2016 draftees.

1 Like

I thought last week was the perfect way to play him.

Not getting the ball up forward and / or the mids are struggling? Chuck him in the guts for a few spells.

He’s still our most dangerous forward though, a few light weeks doesn’t change that.

1 Like

Play Fyfe or Dangerfield forward and they’ll be their teams’ best forwards. You won’t see them playing forward too much though.

Yep, Fyfe and Dangerfield are directly comparable to Orazio.

2 Likes

I think he could be a very very good midfielder. He racked it up early last year before shifting forward. He has pace, reads the play, great disposal, and still kicks goals. We won’t know how good he can be unless given a stint in there.

And those two (and Ablett, Mercuri, Hird and Rockliff) all started as forwards.

There is no one who is comparable to Orazio

Robbing Peter to pay Paul, however I’m bit opposed to stints in the middle. Don’t disagree that he is midfield quality.

I’ve got no issue with seeing him play some midfield minutes, however he has the potential to inherit the title of best small forward in the game from Betts, which is a great luxury to have on your list.

■■■■■■ great again today, really should of had 5 but for the shank on the HT siren. Gives us a bit when he goes into the middle for bursts aswell. Love that he gives out a bit of lip aswell.

7 Likes

Just a lazy 4 for the dazzle.

8 Likes

No need to go in the middle. We beat Collingwood. Yes Collingwood for clearances

2 Likes

we are much better when Raz runs through the middle. speeds us up significantly.
should be a team rule that either he or Tippa are in the middle at any given time.

3 Likes

seems to be faster than most players and even reacts faster, incredibly good in the midfield

1 Like

Crumbing, goal sneaking, contested marking, prolific goal kicking, forward/mid with ten tonnes of attitude.

I love this guy.

5 Likes