#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

All good players and he is the youngest.
While we are having this lovefest, he was also great signing autographs and chatting with the fans at a recent captain’s run. He genuinely looked like he was enjoying himself.

I think what makes him so effective is that opposition players are not sure how to play him. He’s so good at one-on-ones that his opponents can’t make up their mind whether to try and beat him in the marking contest or protect the space behind in case he turns and burns them running onto the ball.

Those 3 blokes play in sides with 1 loss combined. I doubt any of them would be doing any better in our forward line. When we start getting better as a team Fanta will be regularly kicking 5 or 6 a game

5 Likes

I love the spark that Raz and Tippa give in the centre bounces, it’s an amazing string to our bow that we have.

1 Like

Is it just me or does Raz have really long arms (anti-Austin Lucy!!)? I reckon that allows him to play taller than his actual height. He’s not a big body by any means but he’s quite strong, just his body work to protect the drop zone, best example of that was when Stants kicked that ball around the corner towards the Punt Rd end goals, Raz just works his man under it just enough to get over the back for an easy finish. That’s 14 goals from 5 games, well and truly on track for a 50-goal season.

1 Like

Must have a core like a brick. Very hard to knock off the ball.

2 Likes

how good was it when he shunted varcoe out from under the ball then kicked took the easiest mark goal of his life?

Not saying they are better. Just replying to someone’s comment that he is a lock for an AA pocket when actually it’s not so clear cut. Is doing an unbelievable job at putting himself in contention though.

3 Likes

Love the fact he has some ■■■■ about him. We haven’t had a ■■■■ that every opposing fan hates for a while.

Did he really only get one vote in the ANZAC medal voting?

In addition to Acemans comments

We have the least number of inside 50’s in the league… dead last.

And Fanta didn’t kick a goal in the monsoon vs Carlton. If that was a day with reasonable weather conditions, he would be doing better.

Kid is a star.

3 Likes

Plays like he’s at least 5’9

1 Like

Will be even better when Green is up to speed. I was really keen for Garlett, imagine him in our forward line as well!

Isn’t it great to have some players who are now happy to give out a bit.

Fanta just baits the defenders and then runs rings around them. He doesn’t take any ■■■■.

Darcy is always up for it. He doesn’t mind the argy bargy stuff and is hard as a cats head.

Walla is one of the first in to give it to a defender that was just out marked by one of his team mates. He always sticks up for his mates and will push and pull a player off one of his players. How funny was it, in the first qtr, when he got Sidebum for HTB and lets him know it. Sidebum got all stroppy and so Pidge had to go in and shut him down. He just grabs him by the arms, gives him a look, shakes his head and then pushes him away and walks off. Sidebum was just stunned.

I think Green has it in him, part of the small forward DNA I believe. I know he annoyed the hell out of me when he played for the Lions.

BJ has always been an annoying ■■■■! But I am glad he is our annoying ■■■■!

Joe is always up for some banter with the oppo. You can see he is really loving his footy at the moment.

5 Likes

Add Parish to that group. Zerrett just the quiet achiever that does everyone with class.

Keeps getting mentioned but the core group of Zerrett, Joe, Raz, Tippa and Parish and McGrath coming through is really exciting. Heppell, Hurley, Colyer and Hooker added at their best and hopefully all of Francis, Langford, Laverde, Green and Long coming on at the same rate eventually and we’ve got a great unit to build around over the next few years.

Not that long ago we’d be going nuts if someone kicked four in a game. I keep forgetting that Raz did.

1 Like

Can’t wait for him to get the size to play midfield.

getout.gif

3 Likes

Text gifs are so boring

Looking forward to the match up with Hibbo.

Will keep Hibbo accountable, and Hibbo will be able to go with him on the ground and in the air. Should be a great battle