#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

He is Mercuri incarnate.

1 Like

His work in around contests actually reminds me of younger skinnier Judd days in his ability to take two steps and be at full pace leaving everyone behind him.

1 Like

He has a beautiful set of hands. Seems to have really long arms, always outreaching even taller opponents. It’s a really important part of his kit bag and makes him far more dangerous.

With, it seems, (& I hope) far less fragility of mind under pressure.

Except he’s faster and a better mark.

Those marks he takes in the fingers (no palms) are freakish.

1 Like

Agreed.

They almost seem like they are going to slip through his hands, … then just stop.

He won’t get my heart until he gets goal of the year with a dislocated finger vs hawks.

Nah, Mercs was a great mark.

3 Likes

I was very aware of that when I made the statement above.

3 Likes

That tackle to set up Hooker’s first goal. Raz rubbed the Port bloke into the ground and offered him some advice. Liked it.

6 Likes

Was wondering who did that. Nice.

Also, Green came over for a bit of a spray too which I liked

2 Likes

There’s only 1 Mercuri. Never seen anything since. Not even close

10 Likes

The upgrade I hope he has is in tank size. Mercuri’s only weakness

Apart from missing crucial goals that are total sitters when the pressures on you mean??

Raz and Tippa having stints in the centre as well as all four of Green, Raz, Tippa and Colyer being in a rotation as the ‘spitter’ (coming off the back of the square at centre bounces) has given us a better dynamic around the footy.

We are in a better position to spread from the contest if WE win the footy or conversely we are better able to close down space and apply pressure on the opposition ball carrier if THEY win it.

P.S. That was just supposed to be a general comment not replying to you frosty.

2 Likes

There’s something about the way he moves.

Attracts me like no other lover?

9 Likes

You miss one from close in late in a prelim and you’re whole career is defined by it?

It was more than one, or once, … and yeah,… unfortunately, despite his silky skills & brilliance,… whenever I think of Mercs,… they’re the 1st things that come to mind.

Probably moreso because it was so unlike him,… and you thought, “We’ve got this now, … It’s Mercs” … and then …