#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Can’t wait to see this thread explode if he goes down in the second quarter with “soreness” in the VFL

1 Like

Will we see him back in the seniors at all this year?

This is certainly not what I was expecting when I was told he was sore a few weeks ago.

The last time he was fit was the 30th of July 2017 verses the WB.
18 disp. 2 goal game, which followed a 4 goal game against North.

Fast approaching 10 months since we have seen him run with freedom.

the team doesn’t feel the same without Raz.
Really miss him

1 Like

Just stay in the VFL mate!

You are too silky to play for Essendon.

1 Like

Hang with his good mate kyle.

1 Like

I like Fanta.

He was giving instructions and encouragement to the players from the dugout throughout the first half and was actually showing a lot of leadership.

He comes across as a bit of a jokester but he’s a real pro.

I see him and a few other players at most VFL games which is more than I can say for some other high profile players.

6 Likes

Fantasia was either ruled unfit or he plays AFL - A baffling decision.

In that case, your position is that any 1-22 player on an AFL list returning from a 4 week groin injury should never play VFL.
I would have thought the fact he only played the second half was quite revealing.

3 Likes

Golf is alluring.

1 Like

He will make a huge difference to our AFL forward line: pace, pressure, class and arsse.

2 Likes

Groin injury.
4 weeks out.
Half a game in the twos.
Wet and cold and windy.
The Joe fiasco.
You could mount a case for a no show.

Your best 5 or 6 players never play VFL if returning from a 2 week injury - Fantasia never missed four weeks.

Your best 5-6 never return to the VFL and only come on for the second half.

People act like VFL is some punishment

In Raz’s case they needed to get some match fitness back into him at lower intensity and being managed. 2nd half when sting gone out of game ideal time.

3 Likes

It’s a sign of respect to Fantasia that they fulfilled his request to play in the VFL side.

Great to have in back on the ground, I’ll be going next week, if only to see him waltz around the G.

That’s good because you’re unlikely to see much else of note…

Watch him go backwards. I guarantee it