#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

Fell a long way in the draft because of his size. Plays like he’s trying to prove a point to all those at Norwood (have it on authority that there were quite a few) who said he would never make it in the AFL because of his size. A little bit of putdown goes a long way when you’re young - that’s why I slap my kids in the face every morning.

6 Likes

No coincidence some of our form returns alongside the skill, speed and mongrel of Fantasia (and Mckenna).

What a beauty we have on our hands

1 Like

Much.
A Dane is a giant lap-dog.
A Chihuahua is a psychotic little monster.

2 Likes

Great comparison, Raz has more aggression which is a beautiful combination.

1 Like

This guy is such a barometer for us it’s not even funny.

Another great game. Genuine game changer and match winner and arguably up there with Dangerfield/Martin/Fyfe in their ability to change a game solely on their own.

That first quarter to set the tone was amazing by him and that goal from the boundary was just… Wow.

He was down in the third quarter and it wasn’t a surprise to see GWS get on top but then was awesome again in the last and it wasn’t a coincidence that we got well on top and went a long way to us winning.

Is the most talented player we have had on our list since Hird/Lloyd and could be in the same conversation as them by the time his career comes to an end.

However the best thing… He’s only just finding his form.

He is our Rioli.

that 3rd quarter patch of about 10 mins was the worst I have ever seen him play.

And he has burnt a couple of team mates two weeks in a row now. Love his confidence and swagger, but don’t want him to become too selfish.

will back him in to find the right balance. genuine smart footballer

Yep, he is still just a touch off. Some quite out of character errors in the past couple of games. I’d say he is going at about 70% of what I think he can do at his best.

2 Likes

Not in great form at the moment. Hope he and Walla come back refreshed and return to some of their 2017 form! We need them both firing in the fwdline to stand a chance against the eagles.

A down couple of weeks after it look like he was almost ready to hit top gear.
I’ll back him in for a strong run home.

He isn’t 100% IMO.
Either doesn’t trust his body or is in pain. A couple of times today he didn’t look as agile and actually grimaced once or twice. Looks to have lost a yard of pace

2 Likes

Agree. Been playing catch up all year.

He looked shocking after that ankle injury last week. Surprised he played on last week. Hopefully the 10 days off gets him back to 100%

1 Like

If his role today was to shut down Zorko - and, watching on TV, I think it was predominantly - then he has played a better game than many on here think.

3 Likes

Agreed that it looked like he had a “tagging” role today which he did a pretty good job at.

Across this season he’s been playing much higher up the ground compared to last year which I’m not convinced is actually benefiting the team. All of his heat maps this year have him winning the ball across half forward/wing compared to inside 50 last year.

Club obviously likes the ball in his hands but he’s just about our most natural forward so I’d be leaving him inside 50.

1 Like

He hasn’t really had the chance to play a great game. Injuries has affected his fitness but it’s more the loss of our ability to transition the ball fast and forced to play higher up the ground because of other players that are out. The fast breaks when Daniher, Stewart and Hooker we’re marking down the wings and him streaming toward goal as the last player in the chain hasn’t translated this year based on personal.

Genuine star

Everything he does is quality. Being able to have him further up ground is helping us so much.

He is so dynamic out of stoppage situations and ball use inside 50 amazing. That left foot lace out pass to the Smack non paid mark was awesome.

A heap of other beautiful passes too for assists.

4 Likes

That turning circle at fullpace too :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Love both him and Tippa forward but gee their creativiity can make plays happen out of nothing when they play between the arches.

1 Like

add in Smith who has some very good goal sense and smarts about him.

2 Likes