#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

God I love this guy. Like others I’m torn between wanting him in the 50 to cut teams up or having him in the middle to cut teams up.

He and IceMan are my two favourite players to watch at the moment and Raz is the one that I hope to god does not experience the go home factor.

He’s turning out to be much better than I expected.

He’s so clean and so fast. When the ball deflected near the umpire, he just swooped on it without breaking stride and delivered it lace out to Stringer.

Him, Stringer, Daniher, Tippa are such diverse options for our forward line.

2 Likes

This bloke is a genuine star, his hands, balance, pace, delivery. I likened him to Mercuri early in his career and he is starting to justify that lofty comparison Absolute ripping player.

2 Likes

Best game of the season?

Cats and Fark Carlton were his best games of the season so far IMO

Didn’t watch the Carlton game, so can’t comment. Thought he was just at his creativity best last night, weaving and slicing through the middle.

It’s rare you can have a forward who can win games without kicking goals. He is super important to both our midfield and forwardline, comfortably our most important player.

Agree. Doesn’t seem to me kicking through the ball, his goal kicking isn’t what it was last year from a set shot and it seems to lack penetration. Still valuable even below 100%.

Looking at 3-4 replays I don’t actually think it hit the maggot but rather the WC player & deflected to Raz

Not surprised the common potatoes never mentioned it cos they were too busy fapping on about how much WC missed Darling & Kennedy and how WC could get back into the game
FWits

7 Likes

I’ve been saying since 2016 he needs to be spending more time in the midfield. He has started doing so the back end of last year and some this year, but I think longer term we need him to fit the Mercuri mould, and be spending a decent time in there.

A team where we have fit/firing Raz, Walla, Colyer, Langford, Colyer, Stringer, Smith reaching their potential (where appropriate) and rotating between forward and middle will give teams nightmares.

Very much the EFC 2000, Geelong 2006=>2010 models, with guys like Mercuri, Hird, Caracella, Chapman, Ablett, Johnson all doing those roles in both places.

2 Likes

Any idea why Margetts called Raz back to take his kick, when he had the ball and had never stopped.

So much more pay the advantage than when some random picks up the ball in front of the mark and everybody has stopped.

Tearing towards 50 with nobody near him too.

1 Like

I did brace myself and cringe when he was burning off players with his insanely small turning circle at full pace last night but the hammy’s apear to be holding up well.

Is such a barometer for our team and has really turned himself into an elite player.

1 Like

To stop the run of play and give time to the defence?

18 Likes

Ok…Mr Conspiracy Theory :wink:

1 Like

Because he is a cheat and his wife works for the Eagles

6 Likes

I think the reality of the modern game is that you don’t really have ‘stay-at-home’ small forwards any more; it’s almost an expectation that all forwards have to know what they are doing in the centre. As you said mid/forwards and forward/mids are super valuable and we should be investing heavily in them. And I think we are fwiw.

Is that for real?
Incredible.
In any other business organization that would deemed be a conflict of interest and he would not be allowed to umpire Eagles games; i.e. ‘do business’

3 Likes

thats… deplorable

That was what I was told a couple of years ago, not sure if she still does or not.
What is also hilarious is that Margetts is employed by the WAFC as the WAFL and talent umpire. The WAFC own both Perth clubs so in effect he is employed by the Eagles aswell. Freo fans hate him as much as we do and he often umpires the Derby and can’t hide his West Coast love. I know some WC players even have a chuckle about it

7 Likes

I think he said you can’t take your own advantage which has never been a rule I’ve seen or heard of before. Did anyone else hear that?