#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

That’s a new one to me. And frankly, I think that if he said that, it’s sacking time.

1 Like

Timmy WTson said on Radio this morning that Margetts should get the Eagles Coach votes for his performance.

39 Likes

I thought it all happened because the umpire further away from the ball called the free. Then the closer umpire stopped Raz from running on as he didn’t know who the free was for.

I think you could then hear the ump asking who the free was for and then let him play on after setting the mark.

There was worse decisions

Well, that’s a fair explanation.

The first quarter was close to being the worst example of umpiring I can remember seeing.

That 50 against McKernan was ridiculous. The mark was on the spine and on the behind the goal camera angle McKernan never even entered the frame

1 Like

I watched the first half again, it got worse when we were 50-1 up, Green got whacked in the face and called for holding the ball (probably fair enough, play to the whistle) but then they get a run of about 8 free kicks for incidental contact that were just ridiculous.

3 Likes

This guy will either be Robbie Gray-esque or Winderlich-esque

After watching the first quarter again I can’t believe Brown didn’t get a free for being molested McGovern then pushed over the boundary line.

Then there was the deliberate.

5 Likes

I still shake my head when I think that we got this guy at pick 55.

If he gets going in the remaining games he can make us a far more dangerous side.

2 Likes

He’s now got match fitness. About to carve it up

Fantasia, Sicily and Jayden Hunt all taken consecutively from memory

2 Likes

This guy is our barometer. When we were shiit earlier in the year he was out with or just coming back from injury. No coincidence IMO that when he comes back in and starts gaining fitness that our fortunes start to change.

Late last year when he pinged that hamstring against Carlton, it went pear shaped in that game (escaped with a fortunate win) but I remember we really battled in the subsequent games. Clearly shouldn’t have played in the Swans final, never looked right.

Obviously he hasn’t hit the scoreboard like last year yet but I feel it’s just around the corner, he’s getting better each week. If he can hit top form, we can go on a tear. He’s that critical to our fortunes IMO.

11 Likes

There were some very good signs in that West Coast game that he was getting some form back.

1 Like

those tight turns and then bursting away. Did 3 or 4 times at least.

1 Like

And that lace out pass to Stringer I believe 30 meters out.

Aren’t we talking about the umpire? WCE were rapt they picked him up for nothing!

2 Likes

Kicked 9 goals against the Pies last year. Would be great to have him next week. Missed him on ANZAC day

I think the only reason they played him in that final, is because he is so important and they gambled on a 60-75% fit Fantasia

Sicily is a superstar. Fark I hate Hawthorn!