#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Delightful debut. Does also suggest that using Hurley in that role is a bit of waste.

5 Likes

Awesome debut, just sorry it took so long.

4 Likes

Solid, now follow it up for the next 10 years. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great debut! Amazing what happens when you (finally) play the kids

3 Likes

You could see this when we drafted him.

Great head on his shoulders, exactly what the team needed

Pacey tall backman with nice skills.

Or conversely…

Amazing what happens when you develop them well in the VFL and then, when they are ready, play them.

16 Likes

When discussing our choices at pick 24? or whatever he was taken, Dodoro said that Ridley had the ability to become the best player from his draft year.

I like what I saw today.

1 Like

Yup. Completely unprovable either way.

4 Likes

He has been ready for weeks

4 Likes

looks more solid that Hurley currently

4 Likes

I tried to get the nickname Squid-ley going once.

It didn’t work.

Sometimes it’s too ■■■■ to work

2 Likes

STAYS THE FK IN

Don’t know if it’s because they play a similar role but he reminds me of Gleeson in that I can just see him holding his spot, never being dropped and developing for 50 games before becoming really important to us.

Thanks Disco.

1 Like

Gun. Brilliant first game

2 Likes

So impressed by this kid today. His kicking was spot on and his ability to read the play for a first gamer was highly impressive. He must stay in.

3 Likes

Very nice debut. Has a lot more improvement to come too which is scary. Oozes composure & class. Wait until we’ve got a full compliment back there and McKenna is released up the ground. Offers so much more than McNeice IMO.

5 Likes

Worked for Hawthorn for the past 50 years.

Reminds me of one of my favourite bombers ever in Sean Wellman. Classy ball user, doesn’t panic under pressure and has more dash than you’d expect. Will be a great player for us.
Rapt for kid.

16 Likes

Went more than ok. Like.