#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Morgan is horrible below his knees so I can’t see that happening.

When he’s fishing around on the deck looking for the ball he takes his eye off the ball expecting contact.

For that same reason I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cut at the end of the year.

I’ve watched a fair bit of the VFL this year and it doesn’t look good for him. Maybe delist and give him a spot on the rookie list so he is not taking up a senior list spot?

Just drop him in a coffin why don’t you.

Delist then rookied is footy purgatory.

He was making inroads early in the season I thought, but I noticed I think it was against Collingwood at Windy Hill that he took his eye off the ball expecting heat. Since then I see him do it regularly. It’s not a good look.

As a small defender or midfielder you take your eye off the ball and you will get punished every time.

2 Likes

At this stage Ridley looks to me like a modern Sean Wellman. Perhaps one you could throw forward on occassion- Duckworth, Weston.
Although if he was a Paul Weston I’d be over the moon.
Knock on him at TAC was supposedly he’d drift out of games or sit back a bit.
Doesn’t bode well for a mid but we could certainly use a tall mobile utility itch food hands and disposal

Itch hands
F spellcheck

don’t eat nettles

2 Likes

Certainly hasn’t been idle whilst injured - looks to be filling out already - good frame to build on. Very bullish about this young bloke.

10 Likes

What’s he like in traffic?

Because if he can play well in tight spaces and win the ball in congestion, then we may have that 191+ big bodied mid with elite skills right now.

I was actually pretty confused. I thought people were caning Ridley but I think Morgan was the victim?
Anyway, I’m very excited with how Ridley is going so far. I was not too excited by his selection but he seems to be very promising.

Ridley looked good on sat.

morgan is a galaxy away.

Agree.

That looks a very long neck. And long necks are useless height. Surely we should be measuring shoulder height off the ground, or maybe height of fingertips off the ground when arms fully extended upwards.
Maybe a new thing I just invented.

5 Likes

If it were soccer then maybe a long neck is advantageous for heading the ball etc. But for footy you are spot in on. Actually I think I remember him having a very sizeable wing span? Might be the reason for all the marks?

Long necks can come in handy for Tom Boyd style falcons!

1 Like

I’m very exciting.

Hasn’t Selwood’s neck got longer over his career due to repeated stretching?

5 Likes

Wingspan and handspan, IIRC.

sounds like Ridley is really exciting our coaches. I’d say he wouldve played a few senior games by now had he not been injured. Is this the last year of Morgans contract? hes had a tough run with injury too. Not sure if he will get extension or maybe they will offer him rookie spot next year. We will need to make a decision on Longy too.

I suspect (on the basis only of reports here) that Morgan will be delisted and re-rookied.

2 Likes