#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

I wrote a very long and well researched reply to HAP but probably too much of a digression for the Ridley thread, so I have put it in the Draft Strategy thread.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/draft-strategy/3580/178?u=scarey

Could do. What Iā€™ve seen of him likes to mark by reading the ball better than others, takes off and lopes forward, good penetrating kick, and seems to read space / the options ahead of him well.
Damaging from half back, and can hold up defensively.
So if thatā€™s like Wellman, yeah.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen him yet but is he Marty with a bit more height size speed and slightly better skills?

Sounds awesome and thatā€™s not to say that Marty doesnā€™t have a place in our future backline

Conor Rambo hurls
Gleeson Hartley Ridley

7th ?

Of course that ignores Francis going back too

That is very tall obviously but if Ridley comes through more in mold of Birchall it could be very exciting. Can McKenna be a back pocket and rebounding animal though. Maybe we need to look for another had nut from Frankston

To be honest, I donā€™t think weā€™ve really found the Bags replacement unless McNeice is good enough. And maybe not the Kelly replacement. McKenna and Ridley sound good for the rebound and intercepting roles, but for the lock down role I just canā€™t see Gleeson doing it. Maybe Dea? You kind of want someone a bit more composed. Maybe Redman for the Kelly role?

In many ways, I hope the players develop so this could be our longer term back line (Hurley as the old man!):

FB: Hurley Hartley Dea/Gleeson/McNeice
HB: McKenna Ambrose Ridley
Rotating: Redman

I see Francis as the Hooker replacement (longer term) to be honest. Or at least I ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hope so.

Yep, with the way Ridley is being talked about, he may very well be a good HBF option for us.

Back Pockets though we are very short of. Baguley still good for the time being. McGrath exceptionalā€¦ but other things are planned. Other than that Iā€™ve got Mutch as a possibility, but then the cupboard is pretty bare.

So Frankston it is.

What about Hepp A?

1 Like

Needs to grow his hair out before the draft. Or maybe thatā€™s the plan: no opposition scouts are going to notice him now.

1 Like

Zero chance of that.

2 Likes

Not much thenā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™ll have to help me out 'bootā€¦ because he is a winger / midfielder and good enough to make it in that roleā€¦ or because he just doesnā€™t have the skills to play the back pocket role?

Well yes he is a wing/mid, could also play across half back. Is both too tall (and a fair chance to add little more height yet), and not blessed with the acceleration for the Baguley role.

1 Like

Cheersā€¦ Frankston it is then.

Nick Hind.

Reckon heā€™d need to pack on a bit more weight, but we could do a lot worse.
Iā€™d definitely have a look at it.

But Frankston VFL folded! How are we going to draft small defenders!?!?!?

1 Like

Might have to wait until next year when Gary Buckenara gets them up and going again.

1 Like

Faster than Gleeson? Jeez. Heā€™ll be a good player if so given his size.

No way can McKenna play BP or really anything defensively minded.

I live close by, Iā€™ll take care of it!

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Benny Howlett tried BP.

1 Like

Too slow in my opinion.