#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

I would be happy with dual B&F in premiership years.

Good luck for tomorrow Riddles

1 Like

Riddle me this, I havenā€™t seen him play. Is he going to be a Lever intercept-type defender, or key position? Thereā€™s still a few gun key forwards in the comp, and with the probable exception of Hooker, donā€™t know that weā€™ve got someone to run with the bigger 195+ guys. Hartley could be goneā€¦ do u even need a big defender anymore?

Lever intercept.

Zerk can do both at this early stage of his career.

1 Like

Good half from a 19 year old in his 1st game

2 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  GUN

Looks like a player. Composed, likes the contest.

1 Like

Composedā€¦so correct.

Loved it when he got in front in a 50/50 on the 50m arc when they were on the break & won that free for over the shoulder.

Go Riddles.

4 Likes

Heā€™s a sensible, clean player down back. Not looking for cheapies, not looking to buffer his stats, just tries his gut out and uses it well.

9 Likes

Should have played weeks ago. Hopefully we keep bringing the kids through now

12 Likes

An awful lot to like.

Composed. Very good one on one.

FAP FAP FAP FAP

Reminds me of a daddy long legs

2 Likes

My write up on Ridley in 2016

Bio: Ridley is a talented defender who started as a forward. He has great hands and is a good judge of the ball in flight. He is still very light but is strong in the contest.

Ridley has had a good year which ended on a sour note after an injury in Oaklieghā€™s last game. He had a terrific finals series showing great composure down back cutting of a lot of entries. His hands are very good he can take a grab and use the footy quickly by hand and is a decent user by foot.

Jordan is your prototype defender where he has the athleticism to go with talls and smalls he has decent speed and can zone of and rebound better than most players in this draft. He is confident and hardly flustered with ball in hand.

I didnā€™t have Jordan on my radar after the championships but watching his finals series had me watch him closer in the championships and im convinced now he should be a very good AFL player and i wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him get taken early in the 2nd round.

7 Likes

Looks a star.

No doubt in 30 games time we will be wondering whatā€™s happened to him!

How good is having a decent no.14 again!

Excellent game

25 possessions, 7 marks, 80% efficency from 79% game time.

OH MY

23 Likes

Outstanding debut. Composed, good positioning, neat disposal, canā€™t wait to watch him develop.

4 Likes

Brilliant.