#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Ooooooo, . massive call.

I’ll watch the replay and get back to this …

2 Likes

Amazing how much of a difference it makes when you have a defensive sweeper that can hit a target.

Great debut and possible rising star nom?

7 Likes

I’m not saying it’s a bad strategy, just that you can’t definitively say either “if he’d come in earlier he wouldn’t have been ready” or “he was ready earlier and should have been playing”.

1 Like

Hope he keeps his spot, and I hope we aren’t writing two years from now “how come Ridley’s getting worse?”

@Windy_Dill doesn’t like him :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We have one here, his composure for a first gamer was the best I have seen in a very long time. Silk.

2 Likes

I was wrong.
I thought he needed a few more games in the 2’s.
He had a great game today.
Well done, Riddles.

2 Likes

He essentially played the role Hurley has been playing and did it way better than Hurls.

In a perfect world now Hurls comes back and starts actually playing as a KP defender again (focussed on just beating his opponent) and replaces Ambrose and Ridley keeps playing the same role he played today.
Hurls will still get 20 possessions doing that.

6 Likes

Gloomer outlook.

Liked him very much, wasn’t overawed, remained composed throughout the match

3 Likes

My boy! I still stand by my earlier comment on here when we first drafted him - he will be our Carlisle replacement!

2 Likes

Ridley? Completely different player

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s an overstatement to suggest that that might have been in the top 20 debut games for this club.

What amazing composure

2 Likes

I’d like the thread to be renamed one of the following:

Jordan ‘the best number 14 since bradley plain’ ridley

Or

Jordan ‘the best since todd’ ridley

4 Likes

Jordan the best since Micheal?

3 Likes

keep him away from revs/deluxe

2 Likes

Bradley Plain, we all loved him, like Wayne Primmer.

3 Likes

Awesome. Should be rising star nominee.

3 Likes

I’m sure others have said it above, that was as good a debut as you could have asked for. Superb. So composed. Marking, kicking long and short, tackling, reading the play, tackling, taking the game on. Did it all and did it well. May he have a long and successful career with the Bombers

6 Likes

Ridley started off on Crameri who was very dangerous in Q1. He was left behind a couple of times and was moved. Dea went to Crameri and sorted him out.

I was glad he was moved because it then settled into one of the better debut games I’ve ever seen.

Clean, precise, clever and composed. Congratulations on what I hope is just the first of at least 150 games for the EFC.

13 Likes