#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Alex Witherden

2 Likes

I would say that he actually looks more comfortable at senior level than in the VFL.

Will be interesting how he performs if we turn back to pumpkins.

2 Likes

Blitz didnt do too bad selecting Witherden tho, did they Boot.
They both could be 200 game players.
Ridleys first game was quality, he actually has more size about him than i thought.

Pretty sure it was Ablett he skinned too.

2 Likes

If you were looking for a part of the list where you might find some trade currency heading into a highly regarded draft youā€™d certainly be looking at this list.

2 Likes

That wasnā€™t helping Hep!

Plus weā€™ve got the third Fletcher as a F/S.

A chance for the rising star nom this week? Would be between him Florent, Witherden I would say.

Should get the nod kid smashed it on his debut

When is the nom announced?

Witherden is ok, and will have a decent career. But to me, Ridley has a certain silky class, whereas I see Witherden as a bit more blue collar than that.

3 Likes

Tonight I think.

Yeah, I dunno how much having a high wing viewpoint affected my assessment, but his kicking seemed more precise and attacking than in the VFL.

2 Likes

Yep, and I think he got to better spots in the game the other day also.

Exciting future.

Alex Witherden won it this week.

Witherden should have got a nod already. Averaging 23 touches and was instrumental in Brisbaneā€™s win.

Got one last year.

Confirmed on AFL website that Witherden becomes only the 10th dual nominee and first since Orazio Fantasia. Probably hadnā€™t received a nomination earlier given the Lions hadnā€™t won.

Itā€™s unusual for someone to debut mid season and get nominated first up. If Ridley backs it up I think he is chance the next few rounds.

I agree he hadnā€™t impressed me greatly in the VFL and tended to kick sideways ala Welsh.

Great debut.

1 Like

So? Heā€™s eligible this year and has been most deserving of a nomination.

1 Like