#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

This is my favourite fairy tale ever, because I think about two guys talking about it later.
‘You know that little twit that was jerking our chain, telling everyone there was a wolf all the time?’
‘Yeah, what about him?’
‘He died.’
"Oh. That’s sad, but he was a bit of a jerk.’
‘Guess how.’
‘I dunno, how?’
knowing look
‘No waaaaaaaaaay.’
‘Yep.’
‘Get faaaaaaaaaarked!’
‘I will not get ■■■■■■. It’s true. Eaten by a wolf.’
‘Eaten by a wolf!’
‘Eaten by a friggin’ wolf.’

7 Likes

“Got what he deserved I tell ya waking us up all times of night, lil brat”

2 Likes

Red Riding Hood > little twit that was jerking chains

Really?
What’s the attraction there?

you don’t like happy endings

Ahhhhh.
I guess I find the cautionary tale more effective than the deus ex machina of LRR.

Fairytale’s should be a lesson on how not to get yourself killed, that’s how I was raised.

1 Like

I don’t hate him, I just think he’s too slow for the play by play commentary.
As others have said, he often misses stuff by taking too long to get a canned phrase out.
He used to be awesome.

2 Likes

Bruce’s biggest problem is that he has become a caricature of himself.

7 Likes

So is 24/7 live audio streaming from the terminal diarrhoea ward.

3 Likes

Should have the commentator as Jason bennett and one special comments for example Wayne Carey, who keeps his mouth shut until it is actually pertinent to give expert commentary. Put the rest to bed, as they are completely unnecessary.

4 Likes

Yeah Bruce often doesn’t actually call the play anymore; he just says the player’s name and says how good they have been.

A Bruce call goes something like this:

“Dangerfield - he’s been prominent. Selwood - oh he’s tough isn’t he. Ablett - the little master’s been good early, Those silky skills of Burgoyne, Roughy - The Champ!”

Not one mention of a kick, handpass, mark, fumble, change of possession or where on the field.

9 Likes

Haha thats so true.

Bring back Captain Blood!

They take a mark in the backline, move it forward, ooh, if you don’t mind, umpire, ball is turned over and they goal.

Who, Jack, who?

2 Likes

That’s because he’s commentating on TV where those things are self-evident to the viewer.

1 Like

But annoying when Bruce’s call actually translates as “Dangerfield has had three kicks - sprayed two & missed his target with the other, Selwood - has ducked for a free kick and elbowed a bloke at the bottom of a pack, Ablett - no he hasn’t- he’s been ■■■■■■ useless until late in quarters when the pace eases off a bit, Roughy the Champ - thanks but time to retire”

The point being that latter day Bruce is sprouting Bruce cliches, rather than responding to the actual game, and a players performance on the day.

Happy for Ridley to be our little Bomber fan secret till he wins a Norm Smith.

1 Like

Ridley is going to have a very good career. The kid is silk.

12 Likes

this is the bruce is ■■■■ thread. move on.

2 Likes

You listen to some weird stuff!

2 Likes

Listening to his radio call of the game while watching the footy at Windy Hill was so smooth and seamless. Went together as well as Bailey’s muscat and Ray’s plum pudding.

Never bettered IMHO.