#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

This bloke stays in for the rest of the season, no matter wtf the structures are

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping Ambrose exits for Hooker

Although Gleeson might be his biggest competitor

Iā€™m with you there, thinking of Worsfold here

1 Like

I reackon they need to start looking at Ridley, Redman and Gleeson coming up on the wings for stints.

Tough selection decisions in the backline.

Unleash Franga to the wing

The one handed pickups :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Brennan type

How many games has he played?

Definitely played well enough to get dropped.

9 Likes

Add Gleeson. Time to unleash one of McKenna, Redman, Francis, Ridley or Redman through the middle

Love to see this, got the tank though?

Saw him start on the wing at one centre bounce. I think when gleeson/redman are in the side, ridley should be the winger. Better skills than both. Iā€™d see guelfi out the side to make way.

Saad Hooker Francis
Mckenna Hurley Gleeson

And then ridley and redman are the 7th and 8th defenders that also play up the ground when required. That is full strength in my eyes. Enough height and strength, as well as pace and kicking skills.

Hooker is an intercept marker who can take a big tall so really it frees up Franga to go midfield or up forwardā€¦

the prospect of a Franga/Stringer/Smack forwardline just seems like far too many contested marking beasts for an opposition to cover, especially with Tippa, Walla and Smith at their feet

Ridley stays where he is, we need his kicking in the back half.

1 Like

Hope Redman plays well in the twos to get the call up next week and push Ridley to the wing

If weā€™ve got 2 Redmanā€™s i Reckon itā€™s an easy decision

9 Likes

Ridley is the real deal, so composed, skilled and classy.

Should never be dropped again.

2 Likes

Ridley for Myers was a masterstroke by Woosha. :laughing:

Kidding, obviously a late change, but I trust Woosha will pencil this bloke in every week now. Get as many games into him as possible. Is a special talent. Once he bulks up, he is gunna be lethal. That pickup was sublime.

1 Like

Iā€™d like him not to play reserves for a while. The boy can play.

2 Likes

Bit in the same league but his looking up and using all available time has a touch of the Neale Daniher.
Lost his man once or twice and has some things to work on but youā€™d like to get him the ball down back. Might play a bit like Wellman if he fills out a bit?

1 Like

Iā€™m calling him ā€œThe Cucumberā€, because heā€™s as cool as one. Not seen too many young players look so unflustered with ball in hand down back than Riddles. I reckon Fletch was the same, not putting him in that category in terms of calibre of player but Dustin never looked panicked or rushed down there. Very composed. He stays in and should remain in the team all season.

3 Likes