#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Playing him in the two’s is beyond this kid now, he belongs in the seniors week in week out. This is where he needs to play to continue to develop his game

There is no team balance debate, the good teams play to their strengths and this young mans skills and poise under pressure just add some much needed composure to our side

1 Like

Cool, calm, and composed, played well and you feel safe with the ball in his hands. He lacks the strength of the likes of Redman/Franga though. Id like to see him play more wing once we get a Gleeson, Redman, Hooker back. Struggles in contest in the air, but that will come with some more strength.

2 Likes

nothing new to add other than I agree with all of the above posts

kid can play

1 Like

I liked a post by donnington. Not sure how to feel.

7 Likes

Just needs to bring a little of that other ‘c’ to his game… the one ending in ‘Next Tuesday’

1 Like

Need to have plenty of C to play back there, the reason I recon Redman is more suited to that position then Riddles.

So glad we protected Ridley last week by dropping him to ensure he didn’t catch the Essendon virus of having no composure or foot skills.

Looks a gem.

I got bad eye sight but was I the only one who got a bit confused between him and ambrose a few times?

Bad eyesight as well? ■■■■ me surely you must have some things going right.

I go to the gym and having met Darcy Parish IRL i can say that my physique and strength is that of a professional footballer so that makes me happy nad something im proud of but besides that yea not much eelse.

Classic.

16 Likes

Yes, Ridley was a bit more solid and manly in the contest than expected a few more times.

1 Like

Riddly Cucumber.
Yeh I can work with that.
Although it may incite a gaggle of cucumber chopper jokes.

My thoughts:

• I say leave Ridley in the backline. I’m much more excited about the prospect of Mckenna on the wing.
  • Talk of Redman is a bit premature for mine. Gleeson gets match fit, and I think he will be front of the queue to come back into the seniors. I think the coaches trust Gleeson more.
3 Likes

Ridley has tons of composure, refuses to get rattled or buckle under pressure, which he just absorbs. Makes good decisions and has the skills to execute them. Excellent game. Needs to be persisted with.

4 Likes

Thought he looked really good.did the hard stuff well, some great 2nd efforts. Looks very very composed down back, good kick too

1 Like

I like the idea of keeping him in the backline, his composure and ability to execute under pressure is invaluable coming out of defence. He looks like he’ll be a leader down back too.

McKenna is the player I wouldn’t mind pushing a little further up the ground.

2 Likes

Looking to the future, we have Gleeks, Ridley and Redman who are all going to be with us for a long time. One or even two of them will be wingers.

4 Likes

Hahaha… sorry, just read this.

1 Like

Redman - Hooker* - Francis
Saad - Hurley* - Ridley – Gleeson (INT)

With McKenna to the wing

*BZT and whomever else we pluck from obscurity; Francis a small chance to hold down CHB though I prefer him as the 3rd.

1 Like