#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Maybe. I prefer Rids on the wing, thinking about it. Only because I love Oirish HB. I’ve recently changed my mind on it.

1 Like

McKenna is a genuine weapon wherever he is played, he is one of our best two-way runners and our best kick; I’d love to see him get more i50s and get in scoring positions more often.

3 Likes

We’re lucky to have a good bunch of young mid-sized good ball-users.

I must say I don’t really see Ridley as a winger. How quick is he? He looks more to me like he’s not overly quick and he’ll be better suited to playing on guys a little bit bigger than him. Especially once he gets a bit stronger.

Good tank, good mark, nice height, great disposal by foot, composed under pressure. Could fit in a few places.

1 Like

Decently quick, not lightning.

1 Like

Thinks pretty quick, from the snippets I’ve seen. Seems a step ahead of the incoming pressure.

3 Likes

Reckon he made just 1 mistake last night, maximum 2. Can’t understand how he was dropped, hopefully he wont be dropped again

2 Likes

He is was to good to be dropped. Got us out of tight situations many times with his clean hands, poise and kicking.

McKenna is doing this, so they may be open to it.

He’s so composed and clean when kicking out of defensive 50, I reckon there are already senior players who look to get it to him because they themselves don’t want the responsibility.

That whole ‘distributor’ role we’ve had Goddard and Hurley (at times) playing in the last few years… That’s the role for Ridley.

His defensive work is pretty underrated too, imo. Kid can play.

12 Likes

Ridley, saad, mckenna, francis.

some very good damaging users of the ball right there.

add in mcgrath to clean up and hooker to cycle it to these players.

oh baby got a chubb from the paint.

also redman to come in as well, hes really become a class user. loves a low bullet does the redman.

Saad has really surprised me with his kicking since joining the club, I’d have him as close to our most reliable by foot. He doesn’t take as many risks as Merrett, Francis or McKenna which makes him more reliable than them imo.

Hurley is tightened up his kicking this year as well and Gleeson is no slouch

1 Like

His composure for a five game player is amazing. Never rattled in defence and looks to always have time.

2 Likes

Whilst everyone has been distracted by the McCluggage v McGrath battle this week, the Ridley v Witherden battle should be everybit as interesting.

The Dodoro thread is sure to get busy next weekend.

2 Likes

Straight lines Ridley.

Would like to see Ridley and Redman in the ones together for the first time. Both have great composure and Redman is tough as nails. Prefer over Ambrose although he did O. K, but they still kicked 18 goals.

1 Like

Mcluggage and witherden are miles in front right now .
But McGrath and Ridley have good character, and highly talented.

They are probably going to end up all very good players so no one wrong.

McGraths speed, ability to play small
Defender if required
And Ridleys disposal efficiency and height are probably their weapons.

1 Like

Mcclugage isnt miles in front of Mcgrath mate.

1 for 1 mcgrath is certainly ahead of mcclugage atm but just.

8 Likes

Strongly disagree. McCluggage is a good and potentially gun player but he’s not miles ahead of anyone let alone McGrath. For a pure mid he ave less disposals than pidge and efficiency, I’m still taking our man every day of the week

Edit
Just scratched the surface too with this bloke, playing as a pure mid is he’s natural position

1 Like