#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Yeah I know the official stats and I can’t disprove them, but seeing them up close, Gleeks seems overall bigger to me.

Your not hanging out in the urinals are you?

3 Likes

Well, that’s what I usually do.

He is a deadset gun this kid. I think the last game he looked a bit tired and I am comfortable that he misses this week after a short break and travel. Better for him to have an easier week and come back in freshended for another 6-8 games than get an injury.

It’s a pity Gleeson wasn’t ready to take his spot back.

You don’t have to be dead to be stiff

Played full-time mid in the VFL and didn’t look out of his depth. 21 touches and a goal with some nice clearances.

Don’t really need him at half back. If he can make it as a mid that would be a big bonus given the lack of size of most the others and Zaharakis probably done at the end of 2021.

4 Likes

Was he in at centre bounces or more on a wing?

I would think that he’s more suit to a wing

In the guts. Attended many centre bounces. Didn’t see him getting many first possessions like Clarke and Myers but he got a few handball receives and then distributed.

Burst speed/strength?

He’s no Patrick Dangerfield. No bursting away from stoppages. Still finding his feet.

1 Like

Well - he ain’t gonna do much ‘bursting’, without feet.

8 Likes

It’s the first game he’s played as a proper mid since juniors.

Predicted this. Great to hear that the club is listening to me. lol

Nah in all honesty I think that this kid as a future in the middle of the ground
We need depth in this area and need 10 - 15 blokes that can competently run through the middle.

Next Id love to see Redman running through the middle

Get Ridley back into the team, Lets develop these guys…

1 Like

Can see him as a winger, probably not actually on ball

Jordan Ridley

Stats: 21 disposals, seven marks, five tackles, three rebound 50s, one goal

From the coach: Jordan played a different role again for us this week, as a bit of an inside midfielder. He played a really nice game, and his first half in particular was really good. He got his hands on a lot of the ball and had about 15 or so first-half possessions and also kicked a nice goal. He faded out a bit in the second half, playing a bit more on the wing, but he’s showing some great versatility which is good for his development.

1 Like

Don’t mind it.

If he put on a bit of muscle of the summer he would build as Patty Cripps for inside mid role

Could be the big body mid we have been looking for.

Just needs to get a big body

3 Likes

You could never put him in comparison to Cripps who is just an absolute brute

But perhaps in the Bont mould

Ridley - 192cm / 91kg
Bont - 193cm / 93kg

Ridley would just need to build up strength for winning contested footy but in terms of his evasiveness, overhead ability & clean skills def has some good attributes to work with

Going to be very tough to find a spot in defence for him so if can transition to midfield would be terrific as we are lacking in tall mids (and footskills!).

5 Likes

Glad to hear they’re getting him around the crash and bash. That’s where he falls a little short atm.

More defensively minded midfielders with good skills wouldn’t be a horrible things.

There’d be a few midfield skills that would translate well to defence as well.