#15 Courtenay Dempsey

DEMPSEY%20Courtenay.png

Season Highlights
24 disps (18 kicks 6 hballs), 7 marks and 3 goals in Rd 16 31-pt win over the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium (14 Jul 2013)
21 disps (15 kicks 6 hballs), 6 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 15 30-pt win over Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium (7 Jul 2013)
28 disps (20 kicks 8 hballs), 8 marks and 7 tackles in Rd 9 29-pt win over Richmond at the MCG (25 May 2013)
26 disps (16 kicks 10 hballs) and 6 marks in Rd 6 39-pt win over GWS at Etihad Stadium (4 May 2013)
23 disps (17 kicks 6 hballs), 7 marks and a goal in Rd 2 148-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (6 Apr 2013)
20 disps (15 kicks 5 hballs), 7 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 1 35-pt win over Adelaide at AAMI Stadium (22 Mar 2013)

EMU

Alot more courageous than what we have probably given him credit for previously. Seemed more intense or desperate at times this year than what Ive seen from him the previous 6 years.

Would’ve been AA had he played the entire season. The highlight for me is when he picks up the ball in the D50, bumps a couple of players with the ball, and runs off. Him and Hibberd withCarlisle are our next premiership HB line.

Would've been AA had he played the entire season. The highlight for me is when he picks up the ball in the D50, bumps a couple of players with the ball, and runs off. Him and Hibberd withCarlisle are our next premiership HB line.

If only Hooker wasn't our CHB and Jake our FB you would have been on the money.

Would've been AA had he played the entire season. The highlight for me is when he picks up the ball in the D50, bumps a couple of players with the ball, and runs off. Him and Hibberd withCarlisle are our next premiership HB line.

If only Hooker wasn't our CHB and Jake our FB you would have been on the money.

They switch between those 2 positions depending on match-ups. But I get your point, Hooker does spend more at CHB than Carlisle. But my point is Hibbs and Demps will be our back flankers for our flag, no matter who the CHB is :p

Terrific off HB. Love him. Integral.

Terrific off HB. Love him. Integral.

Me too.

With him and Hibberd, we have the makings of an AA halfback line.

Was probably first one on his bandwagon waaaaaaay back in the day, this year he really went up a notch, improved his defensive side and aerial ability. Hope he can go up a bi more.

Him and pig, just love seein them run towards the 50 and have a ping.

Was probably first one on his bandwagon waaaaaaay back in the day, this year he really went up a notch, improved his defensive side and aerial ability. Hope he can go up a bi more.

He is a touch of class on the HB line. We are a much better unit with him in the team and firing. Love his pace and how he is prepared to run forward and take a shot on goal. His injury robbed us of a lot of drive. lf we can get a full season out of him we can finish top 4. 

Pretty much sums it up.
Deadset gun.

Most talented Attacking Defender in the AFL

Would be very surprised if he didn't play a lot of rugby growing up, brilliant in traffic.

extremely important player.

I worry when he misses games.

I disagree. Pretty sure I was first on the bandwagon, although I won't hold your mistake against you as I wasn't on the forum at the time.

Other than that, I reckon you're about right :)

Awesome year. Hibberd tended to get a lot more props, probably cos he was coming from further back, but Demps was outstanding this year.

I love him. I just hope he can get over those soft tissue injuries.

Agree with all. Look up Half Back flanker in the Dictionary and there’s a picture of Courtney Dempsey, or Pig if you stole the Dictionary.

Tackle of the year!