#15 Courtenay Dempsey

Tackle of the year!

His tackling this year has been awesome

Can someone make a .gif of that tackle? Was awesome

For every flashy run and carry, there are 3 horrid errors from Demps.

Not all was right with him pre season hence the suspension, and it’s affected his whole year. Been ordinary IMO.

I'd like the though of Gleeson on a wing aswell Fog with his run, decision making and footskills.

May not have the tank yet but exciting prospect wherever he will play.

Browne BP?????

He was At deluxe with Carlisle and Edwards last night, I did hi 5 him for that tackle haha

Browne BP?????

Well no, Baguely is the BP so from that line up it seems foggy thinks Browne can take over for Fletch as medium/third tall.

Browne BP?????

Well no, Baguely is the BP so from that line up it seems foggy thinks Browne can take over for Fletch as medium/third tall.

That deserves twice the "??"

Is in line for the annual Adam McPhee award for costly, game ending turn overs. 

I know he makes some silly mistakes but some of his tackling is Rugby league-like. His tackle on Shuey late in the last when they were streaming through the middle saved a certain shot at goal.

And his gut running to set up Winderlichs goal in the goal square at the start of the 4th was breathtaking.

If he can just stop turning it over in the back half he would get much more credit.

I know he makes some silly mistakes but some of his tackling is Rugby league-like. His tackle on Shuey late in the last when they were streaming through the middle saved a certain shot at goal.
And his gut running to set up Winderlichs goal in the goal square at the start of the 4th was breathtaking.
If he can just stop turning it over in the back half he would get much more credit.

I think he will eliminate the turnovers sooner rather than later to be honest. Still don't think he is quite at 100%.
Last year when he and Hibberd were both in extraordinary form, he rarely wasted a disposal and was complete silk by foot.
I expect him to get back there soon.

He worked very hard all game and, especially in the first half, wasn’t used as much by the team as he should have been. Lots of stupid kicks to no one or had passes to guys under pressure when Dempsey was one of the few spreading and getting free of his man.

Not his best game but a vital part of the team. Baugley and him have the top 10 ‘best tackles of the year’ sewn up between them.

He worked very hard all game and, especially in the first half, wasn't used as much by the team as he should have been. Lots of stupid kicks to no one or had passes to guys under pressure when Dempsey was one of the few spreading and getting free of his man.
Not his best game but a vital part of the team. Baugley and him have the top 10 'best tackles of the year' sewn up between them.

I get the feeling Dempsey is absolutely burying a guy each week to get on the efc spencer panels big hits. Almost all baguley highlights there too. He laid lots if tackles and won lots of contested ball.

I LOVE THE SPENCER PANEL BIG HITS.

Thank you, Spencer Panels.

Can't wait till we can settle with a backline of:
Baguely Hurley Browne
Gleeson Hooker Hibberd
So that Dempsey can play more wing/link man so that his good is damaging and his three or so clangers aren't too costly or in the defensive 50.

Can't wait hey... well screw you.  

Dustin Fletcher will play FOREVER!!!!

Best game he has played all year by a country mile.

Was very good in the second half by foot, hitting players up in the corridor.

Ran hard to create options and ran just as hard to shut down space. This was so important in the last quarter, it wasn't JUST the monster hits, it was the pressure. 

Now do it every week please. 

Really respect Dempsey for his turnaround.  Shows a great maturity on his part.  Now we're seeing the fruits of his maturity; he's playing great footy.

Glad to see the umpire-bashing has gone from his game as well.  He is too good a player to be doing that.

Well done Dempsey

Thank you Bomber, now if you could just focus your attention on getting the best out of Jetta that would be great and very beneficial to our finals chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHjVOsAxUk

Last week when everyone was whacking on about Demps flick over his head, all I could think is that he shouldn't have lost control of it in the first place. Twice this week, get possession, run, lose possession. Basic skill. Concentrate. Get it right.